Plugin Help!
Hey im having some problems setting up the emulator, was wondering if you guys could help. I've managed to set and configure everything and I've successfully loaded tekken 5, however unless i use the speed hacks the game runs REALLY slowly. and even with the speedhacks the game doesnt run at full speed. the load up screens are running at around 400fps and as soon as the fight begins the frame rate drops right down to 20-30fps. I initially thought that I could have configured the GS plugin wrong, the problem is that once set, every time i try to change to plugin to any plugin other than null. on both dx 10 or 9 hardware or software. i always get an error message saying that the plugin isnt compatible with my drivers or that i might now have enough resources to run it?

[Image: Untitled-2.jpg]

could you also please tell me the best recommended settings for my laptop

thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

enable turbo mode.
1.7 Ghz is really weak for pcsx2 and especially for a demanding game like tekken5
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-25-2011, 06:36 PM)jesalvein Wrote: enable turbo mode.
1.7 Ghz is really weak for pcsx2 and especially for a demanding game like tekken5

its quad core
It doesn't really change anything. After overclocking your processor you may get better results. I've got Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz running at 3.55GHz and I have no problem emulating Tekken 5 on my PC.
but do you get the error with the GS plugin? where it says its not compatible under any setting
(05-25-2011, 06:37 PM)Henrique1989 Wrote: its quad core

read the FAQ. Pcsx2 uses only 2 cores.
about the gs plugin error, try updating your directx
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ok, so i wasnt aware that it only used 2 cores Sad thank you for that, also the odd thing about the gs plugin is that it wont let me select directx11 i dont know if this is correct or not, but i have dx11 installed but on the gs settings i can only select 9 or 10. is that information relevant at all? and since i have dx11 what can i update it to?
The 260 doesn't support hardware DX11 mode. This has nothing to do with the software installed... your video card only supports DX10 and below.

That said, if you even have the option to try and select DX11, that means you're using an outdated version of PCSX2, please upgrade to 0.9.8 and use DX10. The difference between DX10 and DX11 in pcsx2 is nil currently anyways.

(edit) reread and fail. If it doesn't even list DX11 you may be on the latest version so just ignore that last bit Tongue2
[Image: 2748844.png]
problem is, that it says that the GS Isnt compatible with on any setting, no matter if i choose dx 9 or 10 or software or hardware Wacko. ontop of that it says i have dx11 on my dxdiag...so how is that possible if its not suppoted on the 260?
Then you don't have the latest DirectX installed. Yes, you have DX11 installed, but every 6 months or so there are minor updates to directX (it's still DX11, just a more updated DX11). If you don't have the latest one, the latest PCSX2 won't work. Just do a google search for "DirectX web installer"
[Image: 2748844.png]