Plugin Recommendations for my PC
Hello Comrades! I'm new here and since my PS2 has been broken, I've downloaded PCSX2. I need recommendation on some plugins for my PC. I've used PCSX2 on Dragon Ball z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and the frame rate average on the game is between 19-25. I really need some help!

My Specs:

Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB 4.3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 4.7
Gaming graphics 767 MB Total available graphics memory 6.2
Primary hard disk 39GB Free (178GB Total) 5.3
Windows 7 Ultimate

System
Manufacturer Compaq Presario 061
Model EX316AA-ABA SR1917CL NA670
Total amount of system memory 1.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 1
64-bit capable Yes

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Total available graphics memory 767 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 255 MB [/align]
Display adapter driver version 8.17.12.8026
Primary monitor resolution 1280x1024
DirectX version DirectX 10

Sponsored links

1 core fairy old amd cpu + a slightly too weak GPU for this game = you're lucky to get as high as 25fps if it's even is ingame not at the menus. Nothing much to add unless that 25fps is ingame and you wish to bother for 1-2 fps more as it'll not go higher, it's simply too old and too weak.

Unless I fail at google, that's AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz if anyone have more to add ~ can't get much slower with cpu's pcsx2 will even launch.
(10-16-2011, 12:04 AM)miseru99 Wrote: 1 core fairy old amd cpu + a slightly too weak GPU for this game = you're lucky to get as high as 25fps if it's even is ingame not at the menus. Nothing much to add unless that 25fps is ingame and you wish to bother for 1-2 fps more as it'll not go higher, it's simply too old and too weak.

Unless I fail at google, that's AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz if anyone have more to add ~ can't get much slower with cpu's pcsx2 will even launch.

25 FPS in game, The rest is 40-50. Before Christmas I'm going to upgrade my processor.
Just cpu upgrade? And what will be that planned upgrade? That very game, if you're interested just in it, have rather low cpu requirements especially PAL version(NTSC needs around 20% more) at least speaking of SVN pcsx2 versions(which should be used anyway as the game had some graphical glitches still present in current stable release). I could run it at athlon II x3(through only 2 cores really did matter soo let's say x2) underclocked to 1,6~1,7ghz, but if your upgrade will be another athlon 64 just x2 then it'll need to be over 2ghz per core as it's a bit slower in pcsx2 even if other benchmarks could show similar results. And even then your GPU(video card) will be slight limitation for full speed in here.

Well but ok, let's assume your future cpu(processor) upgrade will be enough. That game is graphically slightly more demanding than average soo you'll be fighting for more fps with GS plugin mostly. With amd cpu GSdx SSE2 is what you'll be using. In it's config make sure to select DX10 renderer and "allow 8 bit textures" is enabled that'll give max speed this game get's of your graphic card. If "native" (also in GSdx config) res will not allow for full speed yet, then uncheck it and select custom internal res for something below native like 300x300 even - it will decrease graphic quality alot, but maybe give a bit more fps. If that would still be not enough, then I could only advise upgrading also your GPU or using frame skip, but that is a gameplay killer, which is worser than playing below full speed.
After reading the very detailed computer specification, I don't even know what CPU he has Mellow.

Installing Windows 7 on a PC with 1 GB of RAM is not a good idea.
(10-16-2011, 07:27 AM)Livy Wrote: After reading the very detailed computer specification, I don't even know what CPU he has Mellow.

Installing Windows 7 on a PC with 1 GB of RAM is not a good idea.

I have a AMD Athlon 64 3500+, and even though I took that risk to upgrade from XP to 7, My Pc is doing Farly well, no lag or anything. Weird eh? I can Run Teamfortress 2 at medium to low high and FSX medium to low high also.
@squall u simply cannot compare a pc game to the pcsx2 emu...many people in the forum complain that pcsx2 runs slow even on a mid range pc...say a core i3 as processor and a gt240 as gpu..plus what miseru99 said is true....u might try games like ffx or resident evil outbreak..these are light games and easy to emulate...your best bet would be to get a proper upgrade nothing else
(10-16-2011, 09:00 PM)XcaliburXI Wrote: @squall u simply cannot compare a pc game to the pcsx2 emu...many people in the forum complain that pcsx2 runs slow even on a mid range pc...say a core i3 as processor and a gt240 as gpu..plus what miseru99 said is true....u might try games like ffx or resident evil outbreak..these are light games and easy to emulate...your best bet would be to get a proper upgrade nothing else

Thanks for the advice
@squall u are welcome.....Smile