Plugin and Emulator configuration help
I recently got a new computer and decided to get back into emulation of PS2 games. However, I noticed that most of the times I'm getting the same exact bad speed as before with a good amount of games. I have spent a couple of hours looking through different threads about how to solve this and which plugins I should get to deal with this problem, but every time I try to change my settings to that I see absolutely no change in how well the game runs.

The games I have tried running were Shadow Hearts Covenant and Tales of The Abyss. I gave up on Shadow Hearts Covenant because it sounds like a lot of users had problems with it, but I would like to know if I still have any chance in being able to run Tales of the Abyss.

My Hardware:
Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.70 GHz
RAM: 6.00 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7520G

I am also using Windows 8 with a 64 bit system if that matters. All my settings in pcsx2 are at default, though I have tried using the fastest settings and what seems like everything in between, as well as the plugins that came with pcsx2 1.0.0, the version I'm using.

Thank you in advance. If you could tell me of the proper plugins, where to acquire them, and what to set the settings of the emulator and plugins to, I would greatly appreciate it. I've always had a bit of trouble finding the plugins which sound like the solution to any slowdown I encounter.

Sponsored links

try all recomended speed hacks and frame skipping frames to draw-1 frames to skip-2

try the latest plugins

hope it works

or got to overclock to atleast 3.2 ghz
(12-16-2012, 10:28 AM)kamehamehax100 Wrote: try all recomended speed hacks and frame skipping frames to draw-1 frames to skip-2

try the latest plugins

hope it works

I have tried what I believe are the latest plugins, tried all the speedhacks as well as turning them off, and frame skipping seriously screws up the game
I finally figured out settings that worked, I just set everything according to the set up guide to be the fastest possible, as well as shut off this program that was taking up 50% of my cpu in the background.

Directx 11 does work a lot better with Tales of the Abyss than 9.
what speed does it go at now?
(12-16-2012, 10:52 AM)kamehamehax100 Wrote: what speed does it go at now?
It keeps a steady 60fps in all situations, even in the main menu.

Removing the limiters brings my speed up to 70-80