Plugin problems
Hello, another fellow gamer here.
I am more than sure that there has been enough threads of issues regarding on running the pcsx2 and so I apologize in advance that this is most likely another one of "those". But I am very desperate at the moment as to finding out why every time I attempt to run a game iso by Boot CDVD that instead of the game processing, the black window for the game closes and replaces itself with a message saying "GS plugin failed to open."
I have tried all of the gsdx32 given as options knowing that there was an issue with my plugins but it was still ineffective, which is weird because I see that the console had initialized the plugins successfully. FYI, I currently have a well performing Acer's Aspire 5600U Windows 10 desktop that has no problem processing pcsx2's data and the graphics card necessary to run the games so the performance of the computer should not be a problem. I have also surfed the internet for hours looking for solutions and maybe a plugin that would work but yet nothing has been working...
I was wondering if there are not any valid plugins for Windows 10 yet? I will take for granted any of you experts out there that could make any suggestions on how to fix the issue I am having! Thanks and have a great day!

Sponsored links

did you update directx ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I actually do already own the updated directx, I have seen several guides/suggestions on directx and C++ redistributable (which I do not know if they have any relevance) but they really did not change the result Sad unfortunately
Quote:I actually do already own directx
are you sure you have the latests versions ?
(12-28-2016, 01:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: are you sure you have the latests versions ?

I just went to check and make sure, it seems that I do own the most updated version of the directx.

P.S. Thank you for caring to help!
I took screenshots of the error.

Download and install this
(12-28-2016, 01:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Download and install this

Hey again,
I downloaded the link then installed it completely and sadly it still had no effect. I just recently noticed in the code "HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path." and so I was wondering if this could possibly be the problem? But here a the picture of confirming the installation. Thanks as always!

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(12-29-2016, 09:01 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Hardware Specs
 - CPU: Acer Aspire 5600U
 - Graphics Card (both available): Intel® HD Graphics 4000, NVIDIA Geforce GT 630M
 - Memory: 8076MB
 - Operating System: Windows 10
Version of PCSX2
 - 1.4.0 (I have also tried 1.2.1)
Non Default Settings
 - All Default
Games I inserted
 - Kingdom Hearts (ISO)
 - Devil May Cry (ISO)
 - Katamari Damacy (ISO)

These are the information you requested, I hope it helps! (or more so I hope it helps me haha) Thank you. Smile