Pnach Not Working?
I'll admit it's been a long, long time (a couple of years) since I've made any pnach files... and so I used Pnach Files Guide there for Monster Rancher 4. I ripped the game myself, so I know it's NA/USA...

The CRC is 0EF3697B, named the file as much... and converted Codebreaker codes using Omniconvert, pasted them into PCSX2CE. Filled out everything as needed...

Attached a screen shot of each program's windows at present... probably easier than trying to explain it. lol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(06-08-2014, 04:33 PM)Hietala Wrote: I'll admit it's been a long, long time (a couple of years) since I've made any pnach files... and so I used Pnach Files Guide there for Monster Rancher 4. I ripped the game myself, so I know it's NA/USA...

The CRC is 0EF3697B, named the file as much... and converted Codebreaker codes using Omniconvert, pasted them into PCSX2CE. Filled out everything as needed...

Attached a screen shot of each program's windows at present... probably easier than trying to explain it. lol
Hmm, the original codes look raw already, the converted ones are the wrong... Smile

Try them as they came first.

Hint: If seeing high hex value digits, mainly at the second digit, this is an indication of wrong conversion or encrypted code, raw (actual) PS2 address offsets commonly have 0 at this second digit. This is not always true and some complex codes aren't addresses at all, still a good guidance when in doubt.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Will do. Smile

Thanks for a quick reply.
definetely raw codes. i converted one from game shark. it was the same. Wink
Yep... they worked as soon as I used the original codes in place of the ones I converted. Smile
(06-08-2014, 04:48 PM)Hietala Wrote: Yep... they worked as soon as I used the original codes in place of the ones I converted. Smile

That's good then. You did the right thing to deal with encrypted codes and it will work when getting them from original sources.
Imagination is where we are truly real
just installed version 1.2.1 and the pnach files I downloaded from the community aren't working despite them being enabled by default. any suggestions? I've already created a cheats fold in the documents folder but it still says 0 cheats enabled. trying to get ffx and star ocean 3 to work.
Best would be to start your own thread. The cheats folder is in the program directory not in my documents and you don't need to create it. Community patches should always work.
(06-25-2014, 11:04 PM)ThyNameisWAR Wrote: just installed version 1.2.1 and the pnach files I downloaded from the community aren't working despite them being enabled by default. any suggestions? I've already created a cheats fold in the documents folder but it still says 0 cheats enabled. trying to get ffx and star ocean 3 to work.

Please create your own thread instead of hijacking other's.
Thanks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
sorry just looking for help