Pnach not working + lag when playing gow2
Hey guys,

I tried the .pnach files for timesplitters 2.
I checked the code, also the extension, put the code in my pcsx 2 cheat folder, activated cheats, made sure the CRC matched... But still I got a message saying 0 cheats were loaded. Does anyone know how to solve this?

I've only tried a few games, all went fine, until I tried gow2, and I really wanna play this one, lots of nostalgia!!!
The game starts normally, until after the cutscenes I start fighting, then everything sort of turns to slowmo...
Any thoughts?
My specs: 

Sponsored links

about Gow2 = get a decent PC, especially a decent GPU, and it'll be fine.
About Time splitters 2 (itll be slow too, but whatever...) :
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks for the quick response, When I went to look for the log file I noticed I had another pcsx folder from a previous install, I put the .pnach in the right folder now, it works! Not all cheats are working though... am I to change the order of the code to get different cheats to work?

Regarding GOW2, I know I don't have the best pc... I assembled this one at very low cost... the whole point of me sharing my specs is to see if there's a solution that lets me play the game with these specs...
timesplitters 2 runs smooth af btw Wink
(11-12-2017, 12:10 AM)Nicho1kenobi Wrote: Regarding GOW2, I know I don't have the best pc... I assembled this one at very low cost... the whole point of me sharing my specs is to see if there's a solution that lets me play the game with these specs...
you can tinker with pspeedhacks. don't expect miracles.
Quote:timesplitters 2 runs smooth af btw Wink
I guess you used preset 5 or 6.

Expect crashes...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-12-2017, 12:10 AM)Nicho1kenobi Wrote: Thanks for the quick response, When I went to look for the log file I noticed I had another pcsx folder from a previous install, I put the .pnach in the right folder now, it works! Not all cheats are working though... am I to change the order of the code to get different cheats to work?

Some codes just fail to work no matter what you do Tongue If you want, you can attach the codes here though and tell us which ones don't work, so we can at least check if they're in the proper format, etc.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)