Pokopom - KrossX's Pad Plugin
It's just broken. Don't use any new builds until further notice.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]

Sponsored links

(06-21-2014, 07:04 AM)KrossX Wrote: It's just broken. Don't use any new builds until further notice.
Ok,Got it.
does it works with DS4Tool at the same time?
No idea. If it gives you native XInput support then it should just work, and if you need a wrapper than it should be placed on the emulator directory.
Pokopom is great and I've used it so much that I've ran into a few issues

1st when using for PSX with the DS3 SCP drivers the rumble is unreliable. The controller often does not rumble at all (especially after loading from a save state) or the rumble is very weak. After installing the SCP drivers and going back to the 360 controller, the rumble still has this problem. I don't remember if this issue existed before installing the DS3 SCP in the first place.

2nd when using for N64 the "MemPaks" folder seems to be inconsistent in where it is located; sometimes in the main program folder, and sometimes in the game folder. For the sake of portability, it would be great if the mempaks could always be stored with the plugin, or at least have an option of where to store it.

Lastly in terms of PCSX2, I am considering going back to 360/XB1 controller or possibly a DS4, but concerned about losing the DS3's pressure sensitivity. I was wondering how exactly Pokopom does pseudo-pressure sensitivity, like if there is a special key or option to trigger it or something?

PS speaking of portability, I really like your RegEmu32 program. It's a great idea and I wish it worked with even more emulators, perhaps PJ64 and related plugins (nrage 2.3c, jabo's direct3d, etc) which currently use the registry, or Snes9x which automatically and unavoidably sets tons of file associations in the registry upon first launch?
Feedback, yay! Laugh

1st. No clue, I can only test with an x360 controller. I remember reading something about rumble behaving differently for DS3 if using the cable, a limitation with Bluetooth or something.

2st. I did a quick implementation of mempaks and never touched it again. I'll try to check on it.

3rd. The pseudo pressure is time based, just a smooth transition between zero and fully pressed. There's no way to have a constant half pressed button with Pokopom, unless you use real pressure. =S

---

I've been messing around with RegEmu locally so I'll keep that in mind. The Snes9x case looks interesting.
Hi KrossX.

First thanks for the amazing pluggin.I used with PCSX2 and NullDc, to play MvC2 and CvS2 and I'm wondering if you could add something like you did in the PCX2 version that swap the X button with the O, but with the nullDC version because i wouldd swap the L (R1 -RB) button to R2 -RT for fighting games. So if you could do i really appreciate it.

Thanks and again, amazing plugin. Biggrin
Hi, I love this plugin as it seems to work well with everything I test it with and its incredible having rumble in my emulators.

I do have one request though, would it be possible to have a way to manually map the pad or at least to turn off the guide button functionality in emulators?

The guide button is typically the only button that's not assigned in PS/PS2 emulators, so I've used other mapping software to map the guide button as sort of a system menu modifier across my system. For example, Guide+R1 is Save State, Guide+L1 is Load State etc.

However, this can be incredibly annoying for PS1 games as the guide button is set to switch between analog and digital. Since some games will only react to a digital pad, this means that I end up temporarily disabling my controls every time I save a state.

At the very least, is there a way to use Durazno to block the guide button?
*pokes KrossX.

Are the releases in the OP the latest? If not, please update the OP and/or gimme some info so I can have the latest version on our website
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I don't think it might be the latest one since, the original post was edited 2 years ago.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction