Pokopom - KrossX's Pad Plugin
still doesn't work, BUT, what i noticed is that in games that don't use pressure sensitivity it works
like in DMC3
in mgs3 it doesn't

Sponsored links

Weird, I have no clue what could trigger the driver like that. I don't see anything odd from the API usage, but I'll see what I can rewrite. Other than that, I still think the driver shouldn't freak out but just return the proper value with the API call.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Any plans of adding a sensitivity slider for the analogue stick in this plugin?

It seems like in terms of N64 emulation Xbox 360/One gamepad users only have this plugin and the N-Rage input plugin to choose between (xinput plugins; directplay is buggy with wireless xbox gamepads and not suitable). They are both great plugins, but playing games like GoldenEye in Project 64 with either of them is a lost cause, since the sensitivity is way to high to make the shots appear anything else than random. I thought this plugin had a sensitivity slider for the analogue sticks, but it turned out to be something called Linearity.

I tried adjusting the Linearity slider back and forth, but I did not notice any improvements playing FPS games in Project 64. Thereby, grouping up with friends in the couch with GoldenEye (running in Project 64) in front of the TV /w Xbox One gamepads is as of now not possible. I tried that one day, and it wasn't a pretty sight when the crosshair flew from one end of the screen to the other with just tiny movements on the analogue sticks.
Well, that's what linearity is supposed to do and I do remember playing DOOM64 using it. I don't remember which value in particular though.

Linearity doesn't reduce the max value though, just curves the values inbetween. You could have some fine aiming near the center of the stick while still being able to turn fast at the edge.
In some games that requires aiming the sensitivity seems fine enough, but the overall sensitivity values seems to be hard-coded into each and every game. If the max value is insanely high by playing a N64 rom with a gamepad not originally designed to play N64 games (like the Xbox 360/One gamepads), the outcome of the analogue sensitivity values may not appear as intended compared to playing the game on the original console itself.

If you look at plugins such as this one http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=4017 (directinput, not glad in multiple wireless xinput devices), there's both a section for Sensitivity and Speed Modifiers. The plugin as listed above I suppose is more designed for customization and for one system only, while your input plugin may have more of a minimalistic approach that's supported by multiple emulated systems.

I would personally love having a separate slider for the max/min value of the sensitivity in general, because of the games with in my opinion insane hard-coded max values that does not fit while using Xbox 360/One gamepads as control devices.
Hey, still having an issue with this i have the VS2012 runtimes installed already when i launch the emulator with the steam controller up it does not detect the controller i tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of the controller as well still no fix any thoughts on what it could be?
I've successfully compiled the plugin on Linux Mint and PCSX2 seems to see the plugin without crashing, but where is this mysterious ini file that other comments say is required for custom configurations?  I don't see any ini file in either the PCSX2 home directories or the /usr/lib/games/PCSX2/ directory.  Any chance I could get a sample file?  Where does it need to be located?

FYI: the goal here is to use a PS3 Dual Shock Bluetooth controller.  The Dual Shock controller successfully connects to my laptop via Bluetooth already and also works with other emulators such as the GFCE NES emulator.  I feel like all I need to get it working with PCSX2 is this missing config file to map the buttons.
With PCSX2 1.4 I'm getting the following:

Quote:File is not a PCSX2 pluginPath: /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libCDVDlinuz.so
Some kinda plugin failure: /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libCDVDlinuz.so
[wx] /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libPokopom.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Path: /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libPokopom.so
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: /usr/lib32/pcsx2/libPokopom.so
(threadTongue2xThread) Executing default destructor!
"

I get this in the PCSX console when I open up the plugins (as if to change them). I'm currently using Manjaro and thinking I'd built it incorrectly, I stole your Ubuntu one instead. Same issue. I suspect the libCDVD is unrelated.

Another thing is that pokopom seriously slows down the emulation, no idea why. You can hear it at the start up, it's as if someone's playing the PS2 start up music at 50% speed.

Please note that I also cannot configure it (i.e. when I press the configure button precisely nothing happens).

Code:
(pxEvtQueue:SaveSinglePlugin) Posting event! (pending=0, idle=0)
(pxEvtQueue:SaveSinglePlugin) Executing... [Cancelable]
(pxEvtQueue:SaveSinglePlugin) Event completed in 1ms

s
Well, that linux build is only for that Ubuntu version and even then it was just a test. That means, don't use it unless you really like to test weird stuff. Config ain't available cuz the dialog is Windows based and never made a cross platform one, so to configure it you gotta edit the ini file (and who knows where that is). As for the slow downs, the polling it's rather expensive and the plugin polls all the time.
(07-14-2019, 11:59 PM)KrossX Wrote: Well, that linux build is only for that Ubuntu version and even then it was just a test. That means, don't use it unless you really like to test weird stuff. Config ain't available cuz the dialog is Windows based and never made a cross platform one, so to configure it you gotta edit the ini file (and who knows where that is). As for the slow downs, the polling it's rather expensive and the plugin polls all the time.

Well, I was attempting to use it because nothing else was/is working and there appear to be no other viable linux pads ._.; Thanks anyway.

If you can make Pokopom more compatible with linux, we'd appreciate it.