Poll: Preffered replacement for "D3D Internal resolution" ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
off-screen Internal resolution
4.35%
1 4.35%
Internal resolution
95.65%
22 95.65%
None of the above
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll on deciding Internal resolution title
Here's a slightly different suggestion. Keep it as "Internal Resolution", but change the rest of the options below it.

Get rid of the "Original PS2 resolution" and "Or scaled" dropdown box. Merge them into one slider with values:
Custom[0] (uses the custom res values in the boxes below), Native[1] (the original PS2), Scaled[2-6] (you get the idea)

Obviously for each slider "value" you'll need the appropriate info text but that shouldn't be too hard for you. However this setup is a LOT easier to follow because you're merging all 3 options into one setting and you have no conflicts OR confusion.

Sponsored links

why do you prefer a slider ? the drop-down list sounds fine to me.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
tbh combining the drop down list with the native option would be best, so you have

Native (PS2)
Native x2
Native x3
etc
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

maybe we could change the current native resolution checkbox for enabling/disabling custom resolution and replace custom with native resolution in the scaling drop down list, what do you think ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-29-2015, 04:08 PM)ssakash Wrote: maybe we could change the current native resolution checkbox for enabling/disabling custom resolution and replace custom with native resolution in the scaling drop down list, what do you think ?

My solution assumed that the Custom Resolution setting would be incorporated in the slider as a selection (although dropdown list is also possible instead of a slider, i prefer the former in terms of looks) exactly so that you wouldn't have to use a checkbox to enable custom resolution. This prevents the need to gray out anything as a result, and people won't be confused because they might be using custom but can still select different upscaling.
I don't understand how this prevents the need of graying out an option ? we would still need to gray out the two little boxes for choosing arbitrary resolutions when custom resolution is not used. though, I do get your Idea.
- Refraction
(05-29-2015, 05:06 PM)ssakash Wrote: I don't understand how this prevents the need of graying out an option ? we would still need to gray out the two little boxes for choosing arbitrary resolutions when custom resolution is not used. though, I do get your Idea.

I believe he means the "Or use Scaling" drop-down list. Regarding the custom resolution, the boxes should display only when the option is selected.
Well I was thinking something like this, excuse the lame photoshopping Tongue2

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yeah, I like that better.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-29-2015, 09:50 PM)refraction Wrote: Well I was thinking something like this, excuse the lame photoshopping Tongue2

It would be nice if the custom resolution settings were hidden until the Custom option is selected.