Poll: Preffered replacement for "D3D Internal resolution" ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
off-screen Internal resolution
4.35%
1 4.35%
Internal resolution
95.65%
22 95.65%
None of the above
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll on deciding Internal resolution title
(05-30-2015, 12:20 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: There is always a drawback to everything question becomes is it worth the drawback/complication., I think unless the GSDX ui is be redesigned to be simpler and streamlined as whole just leave it be, less the drawback/complication want to be delt with.

Imo GDSX UI could use simpler/streamlined UI

One step at a time. Saying to hold off until it can all be improved will lead to everyone forgetting.

Sponsored links

(05-30-2015, 12:05 AM)willkuer Wrote: Can one add 1.5x internal resolution? Or is this not allowed by the design? (for sure only possible for even resolutions... I don't know if all ps2 game resolutions are even, or divisible by three or whatever). If this is possible you can even catch such rare exceptions.

Yes, you can use the custom resolution. With the custom resolution, you can use 1.25x IR, 1.5x IR, 1.8x IR, etc. By the way, I disagree with removing the custom resolution from the UI. Actually, it'll be more complicated. If the custom resolution is enabled in an INI file, the Internal Resolution option in the UI should be grayed out. That will be even more confusing.

(05-29-2015, 10:12 PM)refraction Wrote: It's an idea, however the box may look a little strange with this gap under the scaling box, the fact it is grey'd out until you choose custom kinda shows that it can't be used until then and it fills the space.

Is it difficult to add/remove UI components dynamically and have the size of the window changed accordingly? It depends on the API. I don't know anything about the API that PCSX2 is using.
The custom resolution does have a good use for most peoples though, removing it will make the GSdx plugin GUI a lot simpler. also manual configuration through INI file could be easily done if we know the variable for a certain function.

I could maybe rebase the Plugin GUI from scratch to suit normal users needs ? If anyone has suggestions on a whole new GUI for the plugin then, feel free to mention.

on the other hand, I actually prefer dropping the arbitrary resolution support in the GUI. It can still be configured in the INI file.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Personally, I'm for keeping the custom resolution in the GUI, but I do agree that it should be more hidden.

Afaik, it shows the custom resolution boxes all the time (just grayed out). That could be quite confusing to new users who want to play with everything without knowing what it does.
Would it be possible to actually hide those boxes instead of just graying them out, or otherwise make them so they are there for someone looking (without having to know specific variables to add to an INI), but out of sight to keep others from seeing them?

Another issue is that last I checked, in Dolphin the graphics settings are overriden when you open the graphics configuration window, if that's the case in PCSX2 (I honestly don't know how that code handles stuff), that might make it impossible to switch between a low IR (for speed in demanding parts) and a higher IR during less demanding gameplay.

I however am a tinker who likes to play with everything and actually have used the custom IR before (for 10x IR for some screenshots) and likely wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't in the GUI. Had that been the case, I would have likely bugged people on the forums/github to add higher IR options and/or a custom resolution option.
(05-30-2015, 07:01 AM)ssakash Wrote: The custom resolution does have a good use for most peoples though, removing it will make the GSdx plugin GUI a lot simpler. also manual configuration through INI file could be easily done if we know the variable for a certain function.

I could maybe rebase the Plugin GUI from scratch to suit normal users needs ? If anyone has suggestions on a whole new GUI for the plugin then, feel free to mention.

on the other hand, I actually prefer dropping the arbitrary resolution support in the GUI. It can still be configured in the INI file.

As I said, it will be even more confusing. If the custom resolution is enabled in the INI file, the Internal Resolution option should be grayed out. Regarding the UI design, I used to suggest it in another thread, but it seemed nobody was interested. Anyway, let's finish the custom resolution discussion first.
yes, It can be grayed out. How is this more confusing ? if the custom res variable is enabled through the INI file and the internal resolution selection drop down list is grayed out then, it would lead to no confusion IMO. that would just give the users more assurance that custom resolution customization through the INI file is working well.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
If graying out the custom resolution settings when the Custom option isn't selected is confusing, graying out the Internal Resolution option when a certain internal resolution is selected is even more confusing. Maybe we can add a tooltip text explaining that a custom resolution is in used.
(05-30-2015, 06:15 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: If graying out the custom resolution settings when the Custom option isn't selected is confusing
there is no need to gray out anything related to custom resolution settings since, it won't be present on the GUI itself.

Quote: graying out the Internal Resolution option when a certain internal resolution is selected is even more confusing.
the certain case will only happen when the user enables custom resolution, why do you think the user would be confused if he saw the scaling option grayed out when he was expecting to use a custom resolution ?

Quote: Maybe we can add a tooltip text explaining that a custom resolution is in used.

could be added but, i don't see the need for it in the first place.

just to make it clear, my idea was to remove the custom resolution totally from the GUI and make it only to be configured on the INI files and gray out the internal resolution if the custom resolution variable is enabled with it's corresponding arbitrary resolution.
- Refraction
It could be that a user plays with custom resolution in the ini-File and later tries to set the internal resolution in gsdx plugin window and is confused that it doesn't work (e.g. because he forgot that he played with custom resolution). So a tooltip or some text next to the internal resolution slider/dropdown box would be good if the custom resolution in the ini-File is activated.
yeah, that sounds reasonable. I guess the tool tip could be added to make sure that the user disables custom resolution in the INI file to proceed using the scaling resolutions. Smile
- Refraction