Poor performance improved by opening GS config
Hi all,
I've got an odd issue with Pcsx2 that im hoping you guys have seen before or might have some input on how to resolve. First off, i'm running 1.6 on the following:

AsRock A300
Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G APU
16 GB 3200mhz RAM

Running Pcsx2 through Rocketlauncher and HyperSpin, configured to use individual config files per game.

Basically when I start a game, performance can be really poor e.g. in Lego Batman, the performance can drop to around 15-20 in the Batcave. The strange thing is, if I come out of the game, go to graphics plugin options, click ok without changing anything and resume the game, performance at least doubles and is generally back towards 100. This also happens in Gran Turismo (I can test other games too if required).

It's almost like something in the graphics 'resets' and I suspect it is to do with the large frame buffer. I can change other settings and the game runs fine but if I enable large frame buffer, performance tanks again. This setting is off by default.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored links

Has nobody come across this before? I tried using the latest dev build but still have the same issue. I assume it's not normal so I guess it's something in the config or maybe install related?
Yeah, don't enable large framebuffer. It's off by default for a reason.
If you read the tooltip for large framebuffer it even specifically tells you not to enable it for GT games.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

(08-19-2020, 05:01 AM)Kojin Wrote: Yeah, don't enable large framebuffer. It's off by default for a reason.
If you read the tooltip for large framebuffer it even specifically tells you not to enable it for GT games.

This is the thing though, large framebuffer isnt enabled having checked not just within the gui but also the config files to make sure.
There are a couple of reasons I think it might be to do with that: firstly when I do enable large framebuffer, performance isnt great. Secondly, when I open and close the gs plugin config to clear the poor performance, in the log it mentions something about the frame buffer size - I think it specifies a size which incidentally is different to the size specified when I first run the game. I can produce a log file later if it would help.

Cheers