Poor performance modern hardware
So I've got a R9 270 and i5 4440, but many games on the PCX2 emulator have poor performance. Right now I'm playing the simpsons road rage, it plays alright when I have hardware rendering enabled but most of the world renders as black, but then when I use software rendering (DX9 & 11) I often get choppy frames and audio. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

Sponsored links

software rendering is demanding.
settings 3 extra rendering thread, may help, though.
did you try using OGL hardware renderer ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah thought software rendering was more demanding, Don't really know what you mean by settings 3 extra rendering thread, and OGL was worse performance wise. I have fixed it for the most part tho by updating the emulator (from 1.2 to 1.4) and that seems to work much better thanks.
gsdx plugin configuration -> at the bottom you find extra rendering threads.
if your using AMD stick to DX11, till AMD fixes there OpenGL implantation, OpenGL is only recommended if your using Nvidia cards
(04-14-2016, 07:10 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: if your using AMD stick to DX11, till AMD fixes there OpenGL implantation, OpenGL is only recommended if your using Nvidia cards
Numerous games do work fine in OpenGL with AMD GPU's, and as OpenGL is the most accurate renderer, you shouldn't tell people to ignore it.
(04-14-2016, 08:04 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Numerous games do work fine in OpenGL with AMD GPU's, and as OpenGL is the most accurate renderer, you shouldn't tell people to ignore it.

Most accurate maybe, but for AMD users, the performance is still bad even in the most recent versions. At least until they decide to fix the broken drivers. Maybe if you have a beast AMD card it will work for 'numerous' games, but I have yet to see a game in OGL that runs at constant full speed for me whereas the same game does run at full speed constantly using DX11. (That's with an R9-280)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-14-2016, 08:15 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Most accurate maybe, but for AMD users, the performance is still bad even in the most recent versions. At least until they decide to fix the broken drivers. Maybe if you have a beast AMD card it will work for 'numerous' games, but I have yet to see a game in OGL that runs at constant full speed for me whereas the same game does run at full speed constantly using DX11. (That's with an R9-280)
You must have a really unlucky game collection, cause my AMD GPU is inferior to yours and I'd say about 50% of the games I've tried run full speed at at least 3x native with OpenGL.
i am playing on pcsx2 1.6.0 it plays well at 60fps but sometimes it drops around 49 and then goes back up to 60fps again can annyone fix this please as i want to play the game at 60fps with no frame drops thanks
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go