Possibility for Large Address Awareness by default for 1.0.0
Does this affect speed somehow or is it strictly for memory addressing?

Sponsored links

its strictly to reduce the amount of crashes caused by pcsx2 allocating to much memory over a period of time

its not a cure, just a reliever
If you compile pcsx2 you can also enable it in the IDE as an alternative to patching.
vs2010

exe inspection Tongue2.

yeh i intend on setting it during a commit ill be doing shortly Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Tongue2 discuss it through with rama first, he was the one that was hesitant when i mentioned it last time
i cant see any downside to it, admittedly im not a coder - i write batch files to do my work

that said, i can appreciate the fact that sometimes an irrelevant change can do huge amounts of unforeseen damage
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
For some time this used to be a good hard limit to which the cache could grow in its buggyness.
Remember that many people have 2GB (or 4GB) of physical ram, so growing above that will cause
swapping to HDD at a snails pace. This can bog down the computer so much that the only way
to stop it is hitting the reset button (while a HDD write operation is going on!).

Lately people are upgrading to more memory though, so maybe we can lift that hard limit now..
(07-04-2012, 10:51 AM)soratidus999 Wrote: i cant see any downside to it, admittedly im not a coder - i write batch files to do my work

that said, i can appreciate the fact that sometimes an irrelevant change can do huge amounts of unforeseen damage

certain memory operations if poorly managed can lead to LAA introducing crashes
(07-04-2012, 11:38 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: certain memory operations if poorly managed can lead to LAA introducing crashes

oh but im sure PCSX2 in all your glory need not worry about such amateur mistakes

regardless, rather than implementing it limiting compatability with machines running less ram (which probably arent playing PCSX2...)

perhaps depending on the amount of ram reported by the system A) a different PCSX2.exe is copied (two exe's = too much effort)... or B) running a LAA wrapper/enabler (thing) around the pcsx2.exe during the install process
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
most often, the large address barrier will be hit before the memory is actually used by the process