Possibility of independent audio thread.
(07-22-2014, 04:26 AM)willkuer Wrote: Well your cpu is just completely at the limit. It can not even handle sound anymore...
Probably not much you can do against this except for overclocking or getting better hardware. Sorry.

It's not really a comprehensive answer I'm looking for. I'm aware that my PC is generally weak for PS2 emulation, but my question is related more to the desync method itself and possibility of further asynchronisation of video and audio thread beyond 5 or so FPS range like it's shown on video. To sum it up, I pretty much want sound thread to be completely separate from video, even if it'll be broken as a result.

Sponsored links

afaik async mix is the only option for you by now! everything in pcsx2 needs an specific minimum requirements to work properly! & your hardware is below from !
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(07-22-2014, 09:13 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: afaik async mix is the only option for you by now! everything in pcsx2 needs an specific minimum requirements to work properly! & your hardware is below from !

Well, async does seem to be pretty limited at the moment when it comes to minimum framerates for audio thread to be at full speed.
(07-22-2014, 09:36 AM)Nightquaker Wrote: Well, async does seem to be pretty limited at the moment when it comes to minimum framerates for audio thread to be at full speed.

The problem is that many ps2 games use the sound chip for timing so allowing it to run at a speed that is different from everything else may break other things. When people tried overclocking their ps2 they found the music sped up as well because the ee and spu shared the same clock.
(07-22-2014, 10:13 AM)zster Wrote: The problem is that many ps2 games use the sound chip for timing so allowing it to run at a speed that is different from everything else may break other things. When people tried overclocking their ps2 they found the music sped up as well because the ee and spu shared the same clock.

Now that is the better answer. But at the same time, doesn't emulator offer more possibilities for different ways to separate EE and SPU threads?

Also, I just checked with Persona 3 and slowdown of music happens even with minimum video slowdown, like 58fps or so. Guess, async really doesn't work in some games.