[Possible Bug?] World Rally Championship (the first game, not the others)
I'm not sure if this should be classified as a bug, but whenever I play the first WRC game on PCSX2, the game looks "bouncy".  What I mean is, the game screen looks as it's slightly bouncing up and down as if it's an old-style tv that needs to have its antenna adjusted.  The game displays and works fine, but the "bounciness" detracts from the game, it's quite annoying.  I have noticed this in DirectX 9/11 modes as well as in opengl.  I have scaling set to 2 or 3x so the game looks nicer on my gtx 980 card.  Would scaling turned on in this game make this happen?  I've also noticed it with the scaling turned off and the game at native resolution.  Widescreen patch is on, by the way.

Any help would be appreciated.  the game compatibility report for the game says it works, but it doesn't list what fixes/settings need to be set for it to run well :/

Jared

Sponsored links

does it work in software mode ?
or without the widescreen patch ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Same issues in software mode using any renderer, with and without widescreen patch.
it could then qualify as a bug.
you just need to format it according to the bug reporting template
How do I do that? I have checked and other games don't have this "bounciness", so yes, this does qualify as a bug i think. How do I format the bug reporting template?
[Image: 1440572186-img.jpg]
Did you try pressing f5 to change interlace modes?
Auto is normally fine but you may need to cycle through a few first
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-26-2015, 09:04 AM)refraction Wrote: Did you try pressing f5 to change interlace modes?
Auto is normally fine but you may need to cycle through a few first

You're right, selecting a different interlacing mode fixes it Smile
(08-26-2015, 09:13 AM)JaredKFan Wrote: You're right, selecting a different interlacing mode fixes it Smile  Still though, there are some texture bugs in the game, mostly on the car you drive.  some textures are out of place. But the game is imminently playable.  good fps throughout.
ok.
case closed, then