Possible fix for Rogue Galaxy (Myna / Vedan train glitch)
While this workaround might work, is combat fine? Last time i tried messing with the clamping and rounding modes nothing good came of it. This is my original thread on this issue: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Rogue-Gal...ley-glitch

Sponsored links

(03-13-2015, 11:58 PM)Coornio Wrote: While this workaround might work, is combat fine? Last time i tried messing with the clamping and rounding modes nothing good came of it. This is my original thread on this issue: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Rogue-Gal...ley-glitch

I went from having no kills in Myna to having 103x Zombie, 152x Stray Dog, 56x Frogman, 98x Jellyman, 29x Junk Phantom, 43x Gigabird, and 25x Steel Child all while fighting with these workaround settings. Combat is unchanged. Smile
(03-14-2015, 12:08 AM)Continuity Wrote: I went from having no kills in Myna to having 103x Zombie, 152x Stray Dog, 56x Frogman, 98x Jellyman, 29x Junk Phantom, 43x Gigabird, and 25x Steel Child all while fighting with these workaround settings. Combat is unchanged. Smile

Great then. I guess back when i made the thread something was wonkier than it is now and thus why combat was so terribly messed up Smile
(03-14-2015, 12:27 AM)Coornio Wrote: Great then. I guess back when i made the thread something was wonkier than it is now and thus why combat was so terribly messed up Smile

Well, I did notice in that thread (and other places) that some people recommended changing the rounding modes, which I've found to be particularly buggy.

When I was testing for the workaround, I tried changing the rounding modes too. Nearest prevented the issue, but created holes in the level that the player could fall through... Negative caused the whole screen to distort and the train asked if the player wanted to board it. Positive seemed to have no real effect. I then decided I would make a save state right before I was experiencing the issue, and systematically try all the combinations of clamping and rounding modes before I came across the one that worked.

It's not perfect, because it does cause some flickering and audio popping in the cutscene after the party visits the item shop and runs into Gale. But other than that scene, I haven't had any other issues.

I would still recommend only changing these settings when in Myna though. Who knows what issues it might cause anywhere else in the game.
So as I've said earlier, the only issue with this workaround seems to be within the cutscenes. There's some pretty annoying flickering and audio glitches.

What I've been doing so far is:

When anywhere but Myna:

EE/IOP Clamping: Normal
VUs Clamping: Normal

When in Myna (outside of cutscenes):

EE/IOP Clamping: Full
VUs Clamping: None

When in Myna (once a cutscene starts):

EE/IOP Clamping: Full
VUs Clamping: Normal

The reason I keep EE/IOP Clamping at Full during the cutscenes is because I've had an occasion where changing that setting back to Normal when the cutscene is already playing will cause PCSX2 to crash. It's also not necessary to change the EE/IOP setting back to normal, only the VUs Clamping will cause the flickering.

There's only a few cutscenes in Myna, so it's not that bad to change the settings when they occur. Certainly better than the flickering.
It's the only area of the game that have this kind of behavior.
So you can change settings after going there without risks.
Games finished
Metal Saga
Rogue Galaxy
Atelier Iris 2 - The Azoth of Destiny
Atelier Iris 3 - The Grand Phantasm
Tales of the Abyss
Might be and old post, but Good Gosh! It has truly saved my game

Thank you so Much for going to the trouble to solve this.. Smile
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go