Possible issue with Okami (or I'm just stupid)
I'd like to beg for a touch of insight here.

There is a side quest in Okami for which you must draw a tree (just touching the brush to the ground) [Greensprout], however whenever I do so I only get flowers.

I can't find anything about anyone having this issue *anywhere*

Some deeper research indicated that the DualShock2 controller had 'pressure sensitive' main buttons, not just 'digital'. I mapped my left trigger to the ps2 square hoping for a different result. to no avail.

I've tried in the 1.2.1 and 1.3.1 buildbot series with no difference.

I'm using a logitech wireless f710 controller. And ihave tried in both direct input and xinput modes.

Sponsored links

I don't think you have to draw a tree, look for a tree without leefes and draw a circle around the top of it, then the tree comes back to live.
Go to the exit of the vilage where the game starts and you find some of the trees.
If i'm wrong, then i don't know the sidequest. I never finished the game.
(11-25-2015, 03:28 AM)Silversonic Wrote: I don't think you have to draw a tree, look for a tree without leefes and draw a circle around the top of it, then the tree comes back to live.
Go to the exit of the vilage where the game starts and you find some of the trees.
If i'm wrong, then i don't know the sidequest. I never finished the game.

Sorry, No I dont need to the boom power. I need to draw a tree for the Camille side quest.

https://youtu.be/WHpk6w_AEZA?t=73

That just does not work for me.
Ok, i didn't know the sidequest.
If you upload your save, i'll try it with a DualShock 3.
(11-25-2015, 04:00 PM)Silversonic Wrote: Ok, i didn't know the sidequest.
If you upload your save, i'll try it with a DualShock 3.

Preferred method?
No, the dualshock does not have pressure buttons. For drawing trees, it's best to hold down the brush for a bit without moving it.
The DualShock does indeed not have pressure sensitive buttons but i talked about the DualShock 3.
nevermind
(11-27-2015, 08:21 AM)Ōkami Amaterasu Wrote: No, the dualshock does not have pressure buttons. For drawing trees, it's best to hold down the brush for a bit without moving it.

Wikipedia claims the DS2 does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DualShock

I've tried all reasonable combinations of slow fast single moving what have you. I'm willing to accept I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what do do differently
DS2 does have pressure sensitive buttons. A few games like MGS, SO3 use them.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD