Possible settings for deblurring Okami
I've been playing around with Okami trying to find a way to deblur and remove the weird effects that were used.

I'm currently using the pcsx2 nightly build v1.7.2481

The settings I'm using and screenshots can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/NuO9XiH

Dell Inspiron 15 5576 Gaming Laptop
A10 9630P APU w/ R5 radeon
32gb 2400mhz ram
500gb SSD
Dedicated RX 460 4gb GPU

I couldnt find a solution to this problem online for the last week so i thought I'd post my settings here. I just watched the texture replacement video for PCSX2 and got pretty excited considering okami's ground textures arent great, there are other textures as well that are very noticeably very low res... I can't wait until that is implemented to try it out on Okami... I hope this helps clear up the deblurring issue though.

'Fast Texture Validation' and 'disable partial invalidation' seem to do the same thing. So if you're using 1.6.0 stable version make sure this is checked along with 'merge sprite'

EDIT: Disable GPU palette conversion in graphics renderer, smoother FPS, havent changed the pics

Sponsored links

Fast Texture Validation and Disable Partial Invalidation are literally the same function but just renamed to make it more obvious to what it does.
(03-21-2022, 01:09 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: Fast Texture Validation and Disable Partial Invalidation are literally the same function but just renamed to make it more obvious to what it does.

(03-20-2022, 11:02 PM)zanderman2009 Wrote: EDIT: 'Fast Texture Validation' and 'disable partial invalidation' seem to do the same thing. So if you're using 1.6.0 stable version make sure this is checked along with 'merge sprite'

Just double checking that we're saying the same thing... yeah, exactly the same thing. For people who don't know what validation has to do with emulation, these two could easily be construed as something else. The fact the name was changed actually confuses matters... its why I included the edit, take your prozac and calm down...

good to see the internet hasnt got any smarter in the 8 years since I've posted in this forum, thanks for the reminder Wink
I'm just confirming what you said. Have a nice day.
(03-22-2022, 02:53 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: I'm just confirming what you said. Have a nice day.

I think the OP needs to take the prozac
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM