Possible to play Final Fantasy X-2 and DQ8?

(09-03-2011, 05:39 AM)Fezzer Wrote: Look you can easily play FFX-2 with that. With 1.8 Ghz duo I was playing full fps the whole way at 1440x900 and only areas like the calm lands would lag A LITTLE with 1920x1080. Believe me FFX-2 is definitely doable with that, just not the FMVs(Just see them as go make a cup of tea moments).

Oh and i remember in benchmarks you need to use SW mode and no Speed hacks you will probably get full speed with FMVs too Tongue2

Sponsored links

(09-03-2011, 05:44 AM)abdo123 Wrote: Oh and i remember in benchmarks you need to use SW mode and no Speed hacks you will probably get full speed with FMVs too Tongue2

Using SW mode sorts out the graphical issue, but turning off speedhacks dosen't make magic happen??
<REDACTED>
native is fine no graphical glitches there Wink

and don't know about magic but it do increases speed Laugh
Sweet!
Thanks guys!
Just thought I'd report in to let you guys know how its going.

FFX-2 plays perfect; almost just like FFX.
I didn't notice but it seems I have been playing all my games on native x2 the whole time while still gettings 60fps.

DQ8 is another story though. Even on native it only runs at 45-50fps and it looks horrible. Doing a x2 makes it run at about 35fps, and with my screen resolution (1920x1080), it plays around 20fps. I suppose thats because its such a GPU heavy game and my 512mb Radeon HD 4650 can't handle it.
(09-04-2011, 01:20 PM)soking Wrote: Just thought I'd report in to let you guys know how its going.

FFX-2 plays perfect; almost just like FFX.
I didn't notice but it seems I have been playing all my games on native x2 the whole time while still gettings 60fps.

DQ8 is another story though. Even on native it only runs at 45-50fps and it looks horrible. Doing a x2 makes it run at about 35fps, and with my screen resolution (1920x1080), it plays around 20fps. I suppose thats because its such a GPU heavy game and my 512mb Radeon HD 4650 can't handle it.

Yeah that's exactly it, your GPU can't handle more and you get FPS drops. I guess the only thing you could do is get a faster one or use the low resolutions to get playable speeds
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I was considering upgrading my cpu to a quad core.
But now I wonder whether upgrading my cpu or gpu would have a bigger impact on performance with pcsx2 as well as on my computer as a whole.
I don't do much gaming on PC though, which lead me to believe that a better cpu would be more helpful.

I'm not too well informed about computers, but if I'm hardly gaming, wouldn't my gpu be idle most of the time?
So if I get a better gpu, I feel like it might just be sitting there and going to waste a lot of the time (and drain more power than my old gpu?)

On the other hand, I feel like the cpu would be put to work more often.

I'll relist my specs here again for convenience if anybody wants to drop their two cents about whether I should upgrade cpu or gpu:
Intel Core 2 Duo 6420 2.13GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4650 512MB GDDR3
I would say both, I was playing with PCSX2 for almost 2 yrs now and before I had a AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ (@ 3.0Ghz) and a ATI Radeon HD2600XT PCI-Express GDDR3. And it was to cry about how terribly problematic most games were that I wanted to play. F.e. Xenosaga is a onslaught on that old hardware, not sure how it runs now with this upgrade, since I haven't tried it yet, but I'm gonna try it out soon. Smile

Atm playing FFX-2 and the FMV plays @ 42 fps, which is the fastest I got ever, also it almost sound normal Smile But still I'm 17 fps short and I can't unfortunately improve it Smile
But which would impact the performance of my system more?
I'm not too keen to upgrade both because I probably won't need all the improved speeds besides from when I use pcsx2.
(09-05-2011, 04:32 AM)soking Wrote: But which would impact the performance of my system more?
I'm not too keen to upgrade both because I probably won't need all the improved speeds besides from when I use pcsx2.

then the cpu, ur card is old but still "good enough" for games, if u stick with native resolution it would be even better.