Possible to play on a computer with no admin access?
I've been passing time at work lately with emulators and I can run the PSX emulator just fine off of a portable harddrive but the PS2 emulator constantly gives me errors about missing files.

Is there any way to use the emulator directly from the portable drive like the PSX one or does it have to install files on the computer itself?

Sponsored links

if you get one of the git releases, it is by default in "portable" mode, so you can put it on an external drive and it should work fine Smile

just make sure you use the current directory to store the ini's etc, not "documents", else you might run in to further admin rights problems.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

won't he need Visual C++ & DX dlls ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:Windows: No need to install DirectX redistributables on Windows 8.1 and 10

If OP has Win8.1 or 10 then not for DirectX.
[Image: iq2O9Ya.jpg]
?
AFAIk, win 8.1 doesn't have an updated directx. you still need to install june 2010 redist
Quoting the Q3 progress report,

Quote:For a long time it has been necessary for the DirectX redistributables to be installed for PCSX2 to work. However, by moving to a newer Windows SDK which isn't XP compatible and adjusting the code to load libraries that are already present on these operating systems, the need for the DirectX redistributables to be installed on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 has been eliminated. (Caveat: SCP Xinput Wrapper users that need pressure sensitivity will still require the DirectX redists to be installed since the XInput wrapper wraps around XInput 1.3 and not XInput 1.4)

Edit: However, Visual C++ Redistributables 2015 is still needed to run PCSX2 versions which were compiled using VS2015.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
When the next stable release rolls around, you'll be able to run the installer without admin, but it'll be restricted to install in portable mode Smile
Thank you all for the quick replies.

I attempted to use one of the git versions from this site and was still running into the same error codes. Any guesstimate when the next stable release will come out?
when it's done Wink