Posting ideas
The most common errors, i think, would be the Bus Error/Segmentation fault so i thought i would provide some info on those. First thing to say is that these are general-purpose errors so they could appear because of a problem in any part of pcsx2/mac. If you have this problem i strongly suggest to post a topic, documenting what are you running it on, what game you are running and what are the configuration parameters used, basically the more info, the better.

The problem is that I have to hackfix each game separately so far, so a particular game can throw an error while this wouldn't appear anywhere else

Sponsored links

(01-10-2009, 01:57 AM)zedr0n Wrote: The most common errors, i think, would be the Bus Error/Segmentation fault so i thought i would provide some info on those. First thing to say is that these are general-purpose errors so they could appear because of a problem in any part of pcsx2/mac. If you have this problem i strongly suggest to post a topic, documenting what are you running it on, what game you are running and what are the configuration parameters used, basically the more info, the better.

The problem is that I have to hackfix each game separately so far, so a particular game can throw an error while this wouldn't appear anywhere else

Hello,

I seem to be having a werid bus error. I have what I believe to be all the necessary requirements.....I turn on the emulator and it will play for about 4 seconds..then the bus error happens, and a logout. Here's the bus error.

** (<unknown>:4435): WARNING **: Couldn't find pixmap file: pcsxAbout.bmp
_openfile /Games/Disgaea/Disgaea.ISO 0
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen: /Games/Disgaea/Disgaea.ISO ok
offset = 0
blockofs = 24
blocksize = 2048
blocks = 603952
type = 2
ZeroGS: creating
ZeroGS: 102 : 24
ZeroGS: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZeroGS: glX-Version 1.4
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-apwqOJ/:0".
ZeroGS: Depth 24
ZeroGS: you have Direct Rendering!
ZeroGS: ******
ZeroGS: GS WARNING: Floating point render targets not supported, switching to 32bit
ZeroGS: *********
ZeroGS: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZeroGS: Creating effects
ZeroGS: Creating extra effects
ZeroGS: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZeroGS: using accurate shaders
ZeroGS: initialization successful
ZeroGS: dummy transfer
ZeroGS: zerogs.cpp:3171: gl error 0x500
ZeroGS: zerogs.cpp:3175: gl error 0x500
ZeroGS: zerogs.cpp:3194: gl error 0x500
ZeroGS: zerogs.cpp:3278: gl error 0x500
ZeroGS: zerogs.cpp:3301: gl error 0x500
ZeroGS: zerogs.cpp:3338: gl error 0x500
ZeroGS: zerogs.cpp:3416: gl error 0x500
ZeroGS: zerogs.cpp:2567: gl error 0x500
ZeroGS: zerogs.cpp:2605: gl error 0x500
ZeroGS: targets.cpp:1105: gl error 0x500
ZeroGS: targets.cpp:113: gl error 0x500
Bus error
logout

[Process completed]

I'm not sure if you can help me.......But I can only hope. The game is Disgaea, my mac is a mac book 2.4 processor, 2gb ram, the video card is the standard one that came with it. If anymore info is needed please let me know. Once again please can you help me!!!!!!Sad