Posts being flagged as spam
One other issue I don't know if you guys are aware of is if you search YouTube for PCSX2 1.6.0 about four videos pop up claiming to be PCSX2 1.6.0 which I know is fake. About two months ago when I first started seeing them I filed a complaint with YouTube claiming they were fake and posed a security risk. I even went so far as to post in the comments section that there is no PCSX2 1.6.0 and that any link claiming to be could pose a security risk. I then went on to tell people that the latest version of PCSX2 is 1.4.0. Within hours of posting my comments they were removed by the uploaders of these videos which only further proved what I already knew. I just didn't know if the PCSX2 team was aware of this. Like I said before I know in the past we didn't exactly get along well but I've always been in your corner and I wish you guys the best in everything.

Sponsored links

@ []HP[]Hawkeye -

I don't know why but your posts keep being flagged as spam by the spam filter. I've been manually approving them, but I apologize for any inconvenience.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-15-2018, 01:43 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: @ []HP[]Hawkeye -

I don't know why but your posts keep being flagged as spam by the spam filter. I've been manually approving them, but I apologize for any inconvenience.

I noticed the same thing, I'm guessing the special characters are causing MyBB to flag it as spam.
I appreciate you guys doing that for me. The only thing I can think of is it wasn't like that until after one major argument I had with a moderator. Which I don't even remember exactly what the argument was about and to be honest whatever it was it's ancient history. No sense in reliving what was said in the past. The only thing I remember was me and a moderator never got along. After the argument I remember whenever I would type anything there would always be a little blue text box that says "Please note that new posts you make must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible." even now I still have that same box.

I don't wanna accuse them but I find it quite suspicious and if true I think he should be removed as a forum moderator and better caution should be taken in the future when choosing forum moderators.
(01-15-2018, 04:17 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: I appreciate you guys doing that for me. The only thing I can think of is it wasn't like that until after one major argument I had with a moderator. Which I don't even remember exactly what the argument was about and to be honest whatever it was it's ancient history. No sense in reliving what was said in the past. The only thing I remember was me and a moderator never got along.
Yep.
It was me, I remember it.
Don't worry, time went by, and it's fine with me.
Quote:After the argument I remember whenever I would type anything there would always be a little blue text box that says "Please note that new posts you make must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible." even now I still have that same box.
at this time, you were posting misinformation, wrong support, and trolling more than "good" posts.
That's why i had enabled an approval requirement on your posts. should be gone by now
Quote:I don't wanna accuse them but I find it quite suspicious and if true I think he should be removed as a forum moderator and better caution should be taken in the future when choosing forum moderators.
er... Thanks for sharing your opinion Rolleyes
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-15-2018, 02:00 AM)CK1 Wrote: I noticed the same thing, I'm guessing the special characters are causing MyBB to flag it as spam.

I think the subject of his messages flagged as spam should be split into a different thread, as they're really off topic here (including this message). Specifically, I've looked at his past ~10 messages and didn't notice non english chars.
Don't worry about it jesalvein. Whatever happened between us that long ago has long since been forgiven. I haven't even gone back to look at what was said and I don't intend to but I feel you over stepped your bounds as a forum moderator and that's why I made the comment about removing a moderator. So I guess your welcome for the opinion lol. Let me also take a moment to thank you for sharing your opinion about misinformation, wrong support and trolling lol.

I think that about resolves the whole issue. I appreciate all those who supported me and for helping making it right. Sometimes it helps just to get things fully out in the open like we did. So yeah thank you again to all the moderators who stepped in to make it right. I'll see you guys soon.

As for my issue I raised about fake PCSX2 1.6.0 videos popping up on YouTube is there any word on that? The reason I raise this issue is if and when PCSX2 1.6.0 is officially released how can we protect people from downloading a fake version? If the fakes look good enough people might think they have the real thing. When in fact they may have downloaded a virus of some sort. Most people from what I've seen download PCSX2 on YouTube and never even visit the PCSX2 website and that's what concerns me about it. Not to mention if these are fake as I believe they are then why haven't they been removed? That's why I tried to warn as many viewers on these videos as I could before my comments got deleted by the uploaders that the latest version of PCSX2 is currently 1.4.0
(01-15-2018, 09:01 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: Don't worry about it jesalvein. Whatever happened between us that long ago has long since been forgiven. I haven't even gone back to look at what was said and I don't intend to but I feel you over stepped your bounds as a forum moderator and that's why I made the comment about removing a moderator. So I guess your welcome for the opinion lol. Let me also take a moment to thank you for sharing your opinion about misinformation, wrong support and trolling lol.

I think that about resolves the whole issue. I appreciate all those who supported me and for helping making it right. Sometimes it helps just to get things fully out in the open like we did. So yeah thank you again to all the moderators who stepped in to make it right. I'll see you guys soon.

As for my issue I raised about fake PCSX2 1.6.0 videos popping up on YouTube is there any word on that? The reason I raise this issue is if and when PCSX2 1.6.0 is officially released how can we protect people from downloading a fake version? If the fakes look good enough people might think they have the real thing. When in fact they may have downloaded a virus of some sort. Most people from what I've seen download PCSX2 on YouTube and never even visit the PCSX2 website and that's what concerns me about it. Not to mention if these are fake as I believe they are then why haven't they been removed? That's why I tried to warn as many viewers on these videos as I could before my comments got deleted by the uploaders that the latest version of PCSX2 is currently 1.4.0

I mean, anyone can download and compile the source. As long as you have Git installed, you could change the version to anything you want. (PCSX2 2.0.0 here we come Tongue)
(01-15-2018, 09:30 PM)CK1 Wrote: I mean, anyone can download and compile the source. As long as you have Git installed, you could change the version to anything you want. (PCSX2 2.0.0 here we come Tongue)

PCSX2 9000 !!!!

On topic I actually reported one of the videos just before you posted this. Weird coincidence.
But I wouldn't worry much about it if I were you. If you search pcsx2 on google the first result is the website so people will see that we have an official website, if they get confused then they will ask what are the available versions, If they start looking in to it just a tiny bit more they will see github, buildbot ...etc
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
I'm aware of everything. I just wanted to make sure you guys were aware of these fakes as well. I reported these videos about 2-3 weeks ago in the hopes they would be removed to help protect people from potentially ending up with any sort security risk as a result of clicking the link in these videos which they would then falsely blame on the PCSX2 team claiming that PCSX2 is nothing more than a security risk which would drive people away from downloading it legitimately and would weaken the integrity of this website and the emulator itself. I just don't wanna see you guys end up having problems with your user base as a result of these nitwits posting fake versions of PCSX2. If ya don't nip it in the bud now it'll only cause problems later.

Like I said before I will always be in your corner whether I post regularly or not. I'm behind you guys nearly 100%

Sincerely
[]HP[]Hawkeye

Take care.