Power consumption on the Pcsx2
No, it doesn't work that way. We need to run the whole system, including action and reaction from each ps2 component and the game software.
We can't possibly know what happens "in the future", even if its just a few cycles later. Imagine you press a key, how should we anticipate that? Tongue2

Sponsored links

Crystal balls, duh.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
The only thing I see that would make emulation of games faster is if private developers took the code and optimized it for specific games and then made a pcsx2 for each game they want to play. Then it'd play a single game at normal speed with somewhat low specs compared to what used to be needed and then it will break or run all other games extremely slow.
Currently Playing on PCSX2: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ @ 2.1 Ghz and Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE (Playable isn't full speed)
Tetsero: Well... I'm not sure how well you could optimize for just a single game... At that rate, you may as well reprogram the entire game from scratch and just use the DVDs for their resources (models, textures, etc). That'd take a lot of talented programmers a lot of time with the only effect over emulation being faster on slower machines at the cost of only working for a single game. Not worth the price or time or effort.
[Image: 2748844.png]
You can get a dual core cpu that ocs to 4ghz for dirty cheap nowadays. In comparison expecting a team of programmers to do miracles for ya is a silly idea even if they work for free in their spare time.