Power surge on Persona 3
Also the game doesn't ever drop outside of battles. It's only during fights that the game drops but it doesn't seem like it matters which enemy.

Sponsored links

Well I uploaded my settings in this gallery:

http://postimg.org/gallery/1ahwv3s5a/38121061/

Perhaps there is something wrong there?
Well, you have disabled the default recommended speedhacks and there is really no reason to do that. Otherwise they look fine.

But there is no setting in PCSX2 that could cause your computer to shut down.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-06-2014, 03:37 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: But there is no setting in PCSX2 that could cause your computer to shut down.
Actually there are(not immediately)...really high settings on pc that is weak for those settings will lead to increasing of the temperature which in time will lead to auto restart\power off to avoid damage to the hardware.

I start to worry when the cpu/gpu reach 80C(90C is something I won't allow...I'll stop what I'm doing to lower the temperature)
The temperatures don't hit more than 65C on neither the GPU or CPU while playing and the PC doesn't go down even when at 80C for GPU and 100C for CPU (throttles itself).
(07-06-2014, 03:50 PM)vsub Wrote: Actually there are(not immediately)...really high settings on pc that is weak for those settings will lead to increasing of the temperature which in time will lead to auto restart\power off to avoid damage to the hardware.

I start to worry when the cpu/gpu reach 80C(90C is something I won't allow...I'll stop what I'm doing to lower the temperature)

Right, indirectly. But as he had said he had PC stress tested at a shop, that excludes that from the equation.

To rephrase, the settings can't directly cause the PC to shutdown, but temperature can yes.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Well I thought about trying software mode and so far it didn't crash. I'll play (and thus test) more and see if it drops or if it solves the problem. But in any case, if it doesn't drop the computer anymore, any explanation why hardware mode does?
Okay so finally succeeded to finish the game completely.

The software mode really helped. While the graphics were kinda meh, there wasn't a single problem once I switched to it.

So if anyone has the same problem in the future, just play in software mode.

Thanks everyone for their insight.
Since software mode doesn't use the GPU, maybe the issue is the GPU. If not the GPU itself, perhaps a driver.
My system was running a core i3 of roughly equivilent specs.. one HD, cd rom 8 gb ram on a 350 watt psu.. I dont think his video card is MUCH more of a power hog than my 6950.. 500 would be pushing it. its not the rest of the system, its the gpu that can push 200W by itself that I think could be the issue (though apparently not... ). I never really checked what max power draw was before I swapped in the TP650 I have in there now..

Enermax is supposed to be a killer psu, its actually one of 3 brands I will actually pay for when building a system (pc power and cooling, enermax, and antec.. though I'm not as impressed with antec's as of late).

I am curious as to what you are running power draw wise now.. as 500 was the lowest I was willing to look at when I replaced the psu on my system. Any chance you would have a kill-a-watt available that you could check with when you're running max draw on cpu/gpu??
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case