Powerful machine with problems.
Hi everyone. I'm new the site and this is my first post. I'm finally starting to understand how this emulator works and i like it a lot. I have a concern and question though i'd like help with =).

My rig has a 940 X2 Phenom processor, 4 gb of 1066mhz ram, and 2 GTX 260's in SLI. I've been trying to run Gran Turismo 4 and I'm having issues with lower frames. I have no idea why because my rig is more then enough to run any pc game on the market currently.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what i can do to make the game run and 100% the whole time? Is my system not powerful enough? What am I doing wrong? Please help. TY Tongue

Sponsored links

(09-17-2009, 02:54 AM)Dmoney2788 Wrote: My rig has a 940 X2 Phenom processor, 4 gb of 1066mhz ram, and 2 GTX 260's in SLI. I've been trying to run Gran Turismo 4 and I'm having issues with lower frames. I have no idea why because my rig is more then enough to run any pc game on the market currently.

Some games running on PCSX2 are way more demanding they any PC game. Also, I'm pretty sure Gran Turismo 4 is one of those games that is very resource intensive, you will probably have to foul around with speedhacks or overclock your CPU.
System Specs
AMD Phenom II x3 720 @ 3.5GHz
ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB overclocked
4GBs of DDR3 RAM
940 phenom quad core, pcsx2 only uses 2 (core clock speed?) SLI is unsupported in pcsx2, GT4 has an entire thread about it, search some, you'll find it
...as Saiki said, there is a thread how to run GT4, in fact there are many threads that were posted, but all ended at that one big thread, ...all is said there, use search how to, ...& we have similar PC, regardles of your SLi configuration, because PcSx2 doesn't use SLi only single card, ...& for 95% of speed you'll have to oc your CPU to 3.7-3.9GHz, if possible... on Intel it runs at full speed at little lower CPU clock...

Cheers m8...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
I noticed that a lot of people come here, opening threads with "leet machine" or "uber gaming rig" in the title, and then in the thread you'll find they have a Phenom cpu.
I really wonder why that is.. Someone must be going around, telling people all these benchmarks are a lie, and Phenoms are THE thing to get currently.
(09-17-2009, 11:04 AM)rama Wrote: I noticed that a lot of people come here, opening threads with "leet machine" or "uber gaming rig" in the title, and then in the thread you'll find they have a Phenom cpu.
I really wonder why that is.. Someone must be going around, telling people all these benchmarks are a lie, and Phenoms are THE thing to get currently.

"940 X2 Phenom processor, 4 gb of 1066mhz ram, and 2 GTX 260's in SLI."

this IS a powerful rig, under normal PC gaming it could well do aax16 on 1600x1200 and not even blink. The problem here-in lies that they're using normal pc logic for an emulator really. This specific machine can eat mine for breakfast, in any way you want to measure it. but for pcsx2, we may be very close to equal (given mine was a LITTLE bit faster than it is now)
I realize and agree it's a nice machine.
My emphasis is on the thread creation with titles like I mentioned.
Just wait a while and you'll see a new one.
It's always "powerful pc", "beefy machine" and similar, and it's always an AMD cpu Tongue2
ah.. well, yea, I'm waiting to see a xeon(sp?) one for intel lol but those phenoms ARE fast, so I give them credit for at least knowing it's a fast pc. what I tire of is seeing amd XX00+ and not a SPEED.. I don't keep up with the clockspeed labeling of any processor, and I shouldn't have to go look it up to help people either lol
...who says that that AMD isn't powerfull?!? Tongue

...mine runs just great, "...meant to be played... on!" Biggrin

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
It's fine for gaming, but Intel chips have some extra bells and whistles that make them more appealing for things like emulation or virtualization.

AMD does what it does very well, provide a stable, high clock processor that is pretty much catered to people who just want to use their PCs for general use or gaming. Those kind of people don't really need the extra stuff Intel puts into their chips. It's also why AMD chips tend to be cheaper.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.