Preferred settings for these specs!
Hi, I'm using a pcsx2 v1.0.0. I'm having a hard time configuring the settings for a better gaming experience on the ps2 games I play. So far the game is playable but you won't seem to enjoy it if you were to play it at that speed

So here's my PC specs( i know it's crap LOL)

MS Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor
2.0GB RAM
ATI Radeon 3100 graphics

I've attached a photo where the plugins are shown. If there are infos that you might need for to be able to help me, feel free to say it!

So far i've searched the best setting but it's not enough so i wanted to post here directly. Thanks!

Sponsored links

What games are you trying to play? Also, that gpu looks like its integrated, so expect very poor performance from the ati model number. Also, your Phenom needs to be at least 3.2 ghz for best experience. I would recommend a dedicated gpu.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

simple : get a decent GPU, and it'll be ok.
Playing in native res won't probably bring you playable speeds, so you can try software mode and set extra rendering threads to 3
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Also get a new version of PCSX2, 0.9.8 is years old now ;p

Edit: Okay maybe you are, but you are using old and outdated plugins still.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES. Oh sorry I'm not familiar in how quoting applies here so it here it goes

@DaTankAC- atm, I'm playing KH2, Valkyrie Profile Sil, MGS3. Yeah I know my pc specs sucks(in some manner) but I want to be able to play decently (being demanding LOL) with my current specs. Maybe later when I'm able to upgrade.

@jesalvein- I'm not knowledgeable in pcsx2 so what needs to be fixed in the settings regarding that native stuff?
EDIT: btw, I tried software but it slowed even more. So i think hardware mode is the best for it

@refraction- About the plugins, what plugins would you recommend?
EDIT: can you also link where can I dl it?
take a look in my sig for settings.
Wait, So the settings provided there. I just need to copy it? I'll try to read it and understand it though I'll probably have a hard time understanding it
pretty much.
@saiki- Well it made matters slight a bit bad. but i haven't tried the first one you quoted on it. Cause it has different plugins. Yes, I do have those plugins but somehow I can't "apply" it. An error always appears

This error
Just get a fresh SVN build from here. That way you don't run the risk of playing mix-and-match with plugins.

http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti