Pressure-sensitive button compatibility
Hey there PCSX2 forum, I just registered and this is my first post so please go easy on me Smile

MGS3 is one of my all-time favorite games and I'd really love to replay it sometime but as you may know, it relies heavily on those pressure-sensitive Dual Shock 2 buttons and given that my PS2 is pretty much dead... You get the point.

So, recently I've got this amazing "Swiftpoint Z" mouse with pressure sensitive clicks/buttons and decided to give the emulator a go but I was sad to see that there is no (obvious) way for me to take advantage of all of it's pressure sensitive features Sad

So I have to ask if I'm missing something here? Is there a way to simply use analogue mouse with any PCSX2 build? Do I need a specific plugin and if I do, please be so kind to tell me more about it or to point me in the right direction.

Sponsored links

The default Lilypad plugin has support for pressure sensitive controllers, but I'm not sure if it'd work with mice and keyboards. When I did it for mgs3 a few years back, I used SCP DualShock 3 driver and had to point the Lilypad plug-in to a subfolder within the SCP driver folder to get pressure sensitive buttons to work.

Alternatively if you have any DualShock 2's lying around, you can probably just buy one of those PS2 DualShock 2-to-USB adapters and play it with that.