Pressure-sensitive face buttons and PCSX2?
Hey, so only a few games did anything with the PS2's pressure-sensitive face buttons, and for most of those that did it was a gimmick at best, but that gimmick is often the only way to access certain functions in the game. Is there any way to set presets for certain buttons that are triggered by multiple presses (so like, press 1: 20%, press 2: 60%, press 3: 80%, press 4: reset to 0% kinda thing), instead of trying to get a controller with pressure-sensitive buttons to work in Windows? Because while I have some PS3 controllers hanging around, and they had the face buttons as well as the shoulder buttons being like this, I imagine I'd probably eventually destroy the connection for the cable, since my computer that can run PCSX2 doesn't have any way to connect to them wirelessly.

Sponsored links

I never seen such presets in pcsx2. And you can replace the cable for the ps3 controller
then use 3rd party software like scptoolkit for the controllers to work in pcsx2.
(05-13-2020, 04:44 AM)sportster Wrote: I never seen such presets in pcsx2. And you can replace the cable for the ps3 controller
then use 3rd party software like scptoolkit for the controllers to work in pcsx2.
i can't get scptoolkit to work with pcsx2 1.6. It's now saying Dualshock 3 native mode requires libusb and i don't know what that is.
(05-13-2020, 04:44 AM)sportster Wrote: I never seen such presets in pcsx2. And you can replace the cable for the ps3 controller

I was less worried about the cable - bog-standard USB... Micro? Mini? Can never remember which has which name - and more about the connector in the controller itself. One of my PS3 controllers is already REAL finicky about the cable from being my primary controller for so many years, to the point I can only charge it if I leave it plugged in just right and don't touch it at all. If I picked it up to play, it would immediately lose the connection. And I didn't want to go through my other controllers until they're all like that and THEN wonder if it was possible. Is there anywhere I can make an official feature request, so something like a cheap modern USB controller could be used for games that used the pressure-sensitive face buttons?
The cable for DS3 controller is called standard usb to mini usb cable. Try to install scptoolkit, it support  pressure-sensitive for DS3 controller
and it should work on all version of pcsx2.