Pretty annoying "ghost" problem in Tales of the Abyss.
In certain areas of the game there is a bloom effect on characters that when using high internal resolution is not centered and it looks like there is a transparent ghost of the character, and it's very annoying. Using native resolution the effect is centered, but overall the game looks horrible with native resolution.

Is there some way to get rid of that effect completely? I tried messing with the settings but it's always there. I know some effects were removed in GSDX, like the paper effect in Okami, is there some way to remove this bloom effect in TotA? Maybe with a patch or something?

Here is a screenshot:

[Image: asdwqel.th.jpg]
Intel Core i5 3570K | Gigabyte GTX560Ti 448 | 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | AsRock Z77 Ex4 | Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

sorry, there isnt a fix, the upscaling of the internal resolution is what causes it, so you have 2 choices. Have it look pixely and correct, or pretty and ghosty
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I prefer ghosty Smile
Just to show that there IS a way to fix it (and that I didn't waste hours for this Tongue2 ) :
http://img3.imagebanana.com/view/26gyl39/c1.jpg
http://img3.imagebanana.com/view/g06qo71n/c2.jpg

I may continue working on this after exams are done.
wow nice work rama any chance you share your secret knowledge with us?
Yeah sure, once its done. (After exam time Tongue2 )
I'd say photoshop Tongue But yeah, looking forward for the finished fix. Now get on with those exams!
he didnt photoshop it, however rama the glow effect still isnt centred correctly there (look at the top of the glow bit where the centre of the window is suppose to be), so needs a bit more work ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I joked... -_-''
And yeah, when looking closer the glowing is a bit more to the left of the centre, but it's pretty darn close compared to without the fix ^^
Yeah, it needs more work. And then some way to have it optional. Or maybe permanent.
I don't know yet Tongue2