Preventing poor performance when minimized?
Poor performance occurs when the emulator is minimized. It does not occur when the emulator is out of focus however.

It happens when clicking the minimize button on the top right corner of the window as well as the "Show Desktop" button on the taskbar. Please add an option to disable such functionality.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM

Sponsored links

Suggestions...but not requests Tongue

I don't quite get the point, performance of Pcsx2 is slower or of the computer? If computer then... it's going to be slower isn't it.

Edit: and I'm guessing you mean computer unless your trying to play your game using just sound Ohmy
<REDACTED>
Works fine here.
Sounds more like your PC is throttling the performance there, maybe some power profile or power saving feature kicking in, maybe one of the "give priority to background services" options in windows or something.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hmm well I do have Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology enabled but under Windows I have the minimum and maximum Processor states set to 100% and can confirm with various monitoring programs that my CPU doesn't underclock, if anything it overclocks due to Turbo Boost (which depends on the EIST).

So I'm not entirely sure whats going on, maybe if I change this setting to Background Services it will fix it?

Edit: Yes this setting does fix it which is cool. Didn't know it could have such a massive impact even when practically nothing else is going on (other then the O/S).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM