Primal in Hardware Mode
Has anyone made any progress with getting Primal to work in hardware mode? the game is fully rendering behind that black screen, which can be seen when pause buffering the game.

Some cinematics even visibly render on their own at full speed. It actually seems any cinematic that pans away from Jen and Scree will render. I've taken some screenshots, and I have a strange feeling the problem is in those weird textures that render below the characters. Sounds very unlikely, but if only there was a way to disable them just to test this theory.

https://imgur.com/a/DNlOyd0

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I should have done a bit more research on this game running in hardware mode on older versions before creating this thread, my apologies.

It seems the game ran in hardware mode back in 2012 with PCSX2 version 0.9.9.5037 (svn)

My initial post was under the impression this game has never been able to display anything in-game in hardware mode outside of the initial boot up and pause menu.
Hmm yes,I vaguely remember I was somehow make it work in HW mode but I couldn't find how...it works in 0.9.8 but it's slow as in SW mode