Prince of Tennis games crashing issue
Hi,

I know this issue has been asked before but it was years ago. I've also tried a few of the solutions on there but no luck.

Recently I started playing Prince of Tennis Strongest Team and Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 2, both were a part of my childhood.
However I tried using 1.6 and 1.4 version of pcsx2, they both seem to crash when a match goes on for too long or too many graphic things happens like skill activation. (usually about 15-20 mins)
The game runs fine in career mode tho, and I got through most of it since most of the matches were 1-3 games until the very end.
I've tried to mess around with the graphic settings OpenGL or Dx11, when using OpenGL there are graphical glitches and then the game crashes anyway.
I've also tried using different audio settings and no luck on that either.
I'm not really sure what to do next, and how to generate a crash report from pcsx2

I have a nvidia 2080 super and ryzen3900x, and I can emulate other games just fine like p3fes, Tales of Destiny, Gundam rengo vs zaft2 etc.

This is very frustrating.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

I don't own this game, so can't test out.
Did you give latest git build a try ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It is very much an issue we're aware of and we're fixing it here: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/4348 but it is not yet in master (live biulds), but we are aware of it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-02-2021, 06:43 PM)refraction Wrote: It is very much an issue we're aware of and we're fixing it here: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/4348 but it is not yet in master (live biulds), but we are aware of it.

Hi, Thank you very much for clarifying that this is still a known and unfixed issue. I look forward to future builds of pcsx2 to fix this ^
I would like to give an update on this situation. The game works flawlessly when I emulated it on my new steam deck with emudeck ver. of pcsx2. Not sure what ver. it is. I might try the newer nightly build to see if it runs this game better