Probably a memory leak
Hi there PCSX moderators, I recently detected a small memory leak in pcsx2 v1.0. The leak is very small since it needed about 3-4h to reach critical level. I dont know if its a leak in the program itself or the game im using, Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 NTSC. The game runs smoothly at full speed constant 60fps resolution 1360*768 HD but after some time it starts lagging hard (3-4h) The lags apply to combat but not cinematic and combo sequences. If you need a ss of my config ill gladly post. What do i have to do to remove the lag and whats causing it so i can remove it, my graphics card is Ati Radeon 6670 HD and CPU is AMD Athlon II X2 250 AM3

Sponsored links

not a leak, your cpu is just too weak for this game.

sorry to break the bad news to you.
if you can show the ram usage >3gb i will believe its a memory leak
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
While seeking cheats or working recently over trainer I had this game running for much longer time;P no memory leak. Hoewer if you browse the net during playing, and have a weak gpu, it'll start lagging as all those flash sites are sharing your gpu with pcsx2 and BT3 is gpu heavy game;]. That's completely normal. Turn off all the stuff you opened during play and the speed returns back.;]
  • Change the Round mode to Nearest and Clamp Mode to None in Both EE and VU's section.
  • Close All Demanding Programs
  • Change Windows Power Plan to High Performance : Important

Do you really play DBZ BT 3 for 3-4 Hours. Tongue
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
yea, i tend to play wow and minimise it to play pcsx xD so thats probably causing the lags, i just still dont get why it needs 3h to start lagging, wow is using 500 - 1gb of ram and i have 4 gb, and when i play pcsx my cpu is autooverclock, using catalyst, to 3gz minimum speed 4gz max
probably because wow is a poorly coded piece of crap that chews ram and cpu's for afternoon tea
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
I'm very confident that WoW is behaving perfectly well by now, the game is ages old and they had time to fix all the bugs and then some.
The lag is most likely from the GPU memory filling up over time so running 2 Direct3D processes could still be the problem.
Try closing WoW when it happens and see if it helps.
(08-05-2012, 02:17 PM)rama Wrote: I'm very confident that WoW is behaving perfectly well by now, the game is ages old and they had time to fix all the bugs and then some.
The lag is most likely from the GPU memory filling up over time so running 2 Direct3D processes could still be the problem.
Try closing WoW when it happens and see if it helps.

Shows you don't play wow Tongue2

Seriously tho, you need 2 gb of ram and a reasonably fast modern gpu to play the game reasonably well. I doubt it would work on a 2004 Machine properly now Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

But it wouldn't leak memory, is what I'm saying Tongue2