Problem
Hello,

So I'm having some problems with PCSX2. I'm not sure what's going on as I just downloaded and configured everything. Before I go any further, here are my system specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP3
Processor: AMD Athlon-64 X2 5600+ Dual Core (2.79 GHz)
Memory: 4 GB of DDR2-800
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2

So here is what I've gathered so far: my processor is capable of SSE2 but not SSE3. Therefore, I've been using the following graphics plugin with these options:

GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14

Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)
Shader: Pixel Shader 3.0
Interlacing (F5): None
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
D3D Internal Res: 1024x1024 (Native is not checked)
SW rend. threads: 1 (it's greyed out)

NLOOP hack is greyed out-checked, and texture filtering and alpha correction are checked as well.

My sound plugin is SPU2-X 1.1.0. Everything there is on default settings. And lastly, I am using USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console as my BIOS. The four check marks are checked on the left of the CPU config and I am using the "Limit" option as well. All Speed hacks are off and it's at the default cycle rate.

I'm trying to run the original Metal Gear Solid. I have a .bin which I converted to a .iso. Unfortunately, neither work. Every time it just shows the "Sony Computer Entertainment" with all of the floating boxes and whatnot. After that it's just a black screen with nothing happening. I'm not sure what's happening. Any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry that this post was so long.

Thanks,

Wolf

Sponsored links

your cpu is capable of sse3, but gsdx uses ssse3, big difference Wink

and, no, unlike the real ps2 pcsx2 is uncapable of running psx games like mgs1. just run it with the original pcsx or epsxe or any other psx emulator.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403