Problem: No Cheats Found
(02-22-2013, 09:58 PM)vsub Wrote: Stupid question but we have to be sure.
In your post you posted the name like this
0779FBDB.pnach.
with dot at the end...is that dot part of the name of you posted here that way.

Otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't work if the name and extension is correct,pcsx2 is not in Program Files,the cheats folder is inside the pcsx2 directory(where the exe is)and you directly started pcsx2(not from shortcut).

PCSX2 will not say "No cheats found" even if you create empty file with the crc and pnach extension.
0x is not part of the name right?

there's not . at the end and i did not put a 0x at the front.

Sponsored links

Hmm,strange,it should work...everything looks ok.
Just for a test try copying the cheats folder inside My Documents and if it doesn't works again,try installing pcsx2 is some other drive
The screenshot show it's OK, so is to assume the emulator is trying to read the cheat from somewhere else. To be sure it's not the case create an empty file called "portable.ini" (without the quotes) inside the main PCSX2 folder (the same place the exe is). You may need to perform the config wizard again.

Edit: to correct the file name from portable.txt to portable.ini
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-22-2013, 10:12 PM)vsub Wrote: Hmm,strange,it should work...everything looks ok.
Just for a test try copying the cheats folder inside My Documents and if it doesn't works again,try installing pcsx2 is some other drive

did not work, and c dive is the only drive i have.

when is was looking online i found this forum
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Saying-no...atches-CRC

i took it to mean that i needed to click the exe in the folder but i fill like i'm missing something about this post.
Only two things I think may still be cause of the problem, the first is some non printable character is corrupting the file name, try clicking rename and enter the CRC by hand.

The other would be you are starting from an icon with a malformed shortcut to PCSX2 on the desktop. To this last case, delete the possible existent icon there and create a new one from the executable (above all make sure the icon is being created as a shortcut and not a copy of the exe).

PS: try that portable.ini trick first. There are advantages in making the installation portable anyway. You may want to move the memcards folder and the BIOS folder there too to have a real portable install you could just copy to a pendrive and take to any other machine and it would work from the box.
(02-22-2013, 10:16 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The screenshot show it's OK, so is to assume the emulator is trying to read the cheat from somewhere else. To be sure it's not the case create an empty file called "portable.ini" (without the quotes) inside the main PCSX2 folder (the same place the exe is). You may need to perform the config wizard again.

Edit: to correct the file name from portable.txt to portable.ini

I created a blank portable.ini with notepad and saved it in the same place as the exe, still does not work. could it be something wrong with the bios that I downloaded or the fact that i'm using widows 8?
(02-22-2013, 10:30 PM)thomasdm3 Wrote: I created a blank portable.ini with notepad and saved it in the same place as the exe, still does not work. could it be something wrong with the bios that I downloaded or the fact that i'm using widows 8?

No, and better pretend I never read this last post. I use windows 8 and without problems. read my last post about possible corruption in the file name and such.
(02-22-2013, 10:26 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Only two things I think may still be cause of the problem, the first is some non printable character is corrupting the file name, try clicking rename and enter the CRC by hand.

The other would be you are starting from an icon with a malformed shortcut to PCSX2 on the desktop. To this last case, delete the possible existent icon there and create a new one from the executable (above all make sure the icon is being created as a shortcut and not a copy of the exe).

PS: try that portable.ini trick first. There are advantages in making the installation portable anyway. You may want to move the memcards folder and the BIOS folder there too to have a real portable install you could just copy to a pendrive and take to any other machine and it would work from the box.
i renamed the crc, still does not work.
Having portable.ini or not doesn't really matter.
PCSX2 search for the cheats folder in:
1.If you directly start pcsx2 from the exe,it will search for a folder named cheats in the same directory
2.If you start pcsx2 from a shortcut,pcsx2 will look for the folder in the location set in the shortcut "Start in" path.

The cheats folder location is not specified where it is in any settings file,it use one of the above methods to find it.
its in the right place. When I made the file i used notpad and as i was saving it it asked me what format to save it in ex(unicode ansi). could that mess it up?