CPU: Intel core 2 dudo E7400 2.80GHz
RAM: 3.25GB
Graphic card: Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5

PCSX2: 1.0.0
GS Pluggin: SSE41
Config: Direct3D11 (hardware) x3 Native
I followed the video guide, so the setting are as default

Game i'm playing: King Arthur

The game run very smoothly but i keep having "blacks" on the screen while playing every now and then, here's a screenshoot.

[Image: 330r6nn.jpg]

i managed to solved this switchin from Direct3D11 (hardware) to Direct3D11 (software)

[Image: 2dv8sw9.jpg]

as you can see, it looks great, but the speed gets extremely slow, very veeery slow. tried to use the hacks speed but then the sounds gets weird. coundn't solved that, and the game feels... odd with the speed hacks.

thanks for any help

Sponsored links

For software mode, try adding 1 extra rendering thread in the GSdx config.
didnt work, still all laggy. 17ish fps

didnt mention it, but the lags its only during the actual game. menus and stuff its just fine.
You have a CPU that is several generations behind. If software mode fixes it, you would need to try speed hacks, add rendering threads (although with that CPU, I am unsure how much it would help) or overclock.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
what does rendering threads do?
(04-26-2013, 10:22 PM)Vertrafikus Wrote: what does rendering threads do?

Extra rendering threads mean additional cores. By default GS uses only 1 CPU core in software mode.
(04-26-2013, 11:49 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: Extra rendering threads mean additional cores. By default GS uses only 1 CPU core in software mode.

There is an aditional problem then, since it is already dual core it means GS would be fighting EE and VUs, so does not really helps much in this case.

One possible solution (sorry I can't test for not having the game) is trying hardware mode and experimenting with skipdraw. Maybe some value between 1 and 10 remove the wrong layer, if not, chances are than trying greater values will not do the trick. Try it, good luck.
Imagination is where we are truly real
tried from 0 to 10 of skipdraw, even tried 25-50-75-100.

didnt work :/

lets say i fix it with software mode, i get another problem. it gets realllllllllyyy laggy. how does the speedhacks work? i just moved the layers without knowing what i was actually doing. and after that the sound gets mess up, sounds like if i were listening with the cpu speaker.
basically, to use software mode, you need a decent PC.
Speedhacks will most of the time have effect when using hardware mode.
i guess you'll have to stick to your PS2 until you can afford a decent computer...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-27-2013, 12:24 AM)Vertrafikus Wrote: tried from 0 to 10 of skipdraw, even tried 25-50-75-100.

didnt work :/

lets say i fix it with software mode, i get another problem. it gets realllllllllyyy laggy. how does the speedhacks work? i just moved the layers without knowing what i was actually doing. and after that the sound gets mess up, sounds like if i were listening with the cpu speaker.

that's because in software mode the GS work goes from the GPU to the CPU which is already the most overloaded (even in hardware mode the CPU is more taxed). So the emulation stalls, not enough CPU power to keep the expected speed.

The Speedhacks methods vary, EE clyclerate reduces the virtual speed the actual EE (which is the PS2 CPU) works in the real console, the idea being that is easy to emulate a slower machine. It helps in most cases.

VU cycle stealing supposes the VU load is greater than the load on EE in most games, so what it does is forcing interruption on EE normal processing to make EE sending new stream of data to it so to keep a steady flow. It's one the most effective speedhacks but if too much it makes EE processing too sluggish and that's reflects as a sluggish and laggy gaming pace.

Try combination of these, but I fear the problem there is the machine is just too slow to try the game in software mode.

Finally MTVU must be kept off since your CPU is 2 cores and in this case it would only make things worse.
Imagination is where we are truly real