Problem converting save from memory card to PCSX2.
Question 
Here's the steps that I went through:
1) Copy raw save data of Persona 4 from memory card using USB drive and freemcboot.
2) Open PS2 Save Builder and drag&drop the files (BASLUS-21782Save1, icon.ico, and icon.sys) into the window.
3) Save as: Persona 4.max (also tried .cbs).
4) Open MyMC, click import, and select Persona 4.max. It then shows the game icon at the right and the save data below.
5) Load PCSX2 1.0 with no disc checked and do a full Boot to the PS2 browser, then go into my memory card, and see the data is listed.
6) Start Persona 4, go to load the game, and there is no save available.

Am I doing something wrong, or missing a step somewhere? Do I have to then open Action Replay or Codebreaker to convert/move it? I built a new computer that can handle running games in PCSX2 (my old one is 9 years old), so I really wanna play Persona 4. My save is ~50 hours in, so starting over would suck. ): Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Sponsored links

When you boot the game is the elf listed as SLUS-21782?
You should see it in the console log like this (SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_217.82;1
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-02-2013, 03:59 PM)Bositman Wrote: When you boot the game is the elf listed as SLUS-21782?
You should see it in the console log like this (SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_217.82;1

Yep, it shows that. Here's a copy of my log from when I launch the game:

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_217.82;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_217.82;1) Game CRC = 0xDEDC3B71, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_217.82;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
(GameDB) Enabled Gamefix: VuClipFlagHack
Hm so seems the save is for the correct version...my only other guess is that you are doing something wrong during the copy process...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
When rebuilding the save, did you fill out the Root/ID field? That needs to be the same as the actual save file (edit: well not the actual save file, some games use different structures, but they will have a root file containing the serial, that's the name you're looking for), BASLUS-21782Save1 in this case.
Saves without these will show in the BIOS memory card view, but generally won't be recognized by the game.

Edit once more: In the future, if you want to transfer saves, maybe consider using ulaunchelf to do it instead - you can copy saves in PSU format with it, and import that file directly with mymc, without having to rebuild the save from loose files.
(01-03-2013, 02:39 AM)Eloris Wrote: When rebuilding the save, did you fill out the Root/ID field? That needs to be the same as the actual save file (edit: well not the actual save file, some games use different structures, but they will have a root file containing the serial, that's the name you're looking for), BASLUS-21782Save1 in this case.
Saves without these will show in the BIOS memory card view, but generally won't be recognized by the game.

Edit once more: In the future, if you want to transfer saves, maybe consider using ulaunchelf to do it instead - you can copy saves in PSU format with it, and import that file directly with mymc, without having to rebuild the save from loose files.

Thank you sooooo much. I was using ulaunchelf, but was using copy instead of PSU copy. I actually just got back from using all of the copy methods (copy, copymc, copypsu), and none of them worked when I was rebuilding, but then I saw your post and by bypassing the save builder with the psu copy, it worked. I saw that, when I used save builder, there was no root ID thing, so I guess that was the problem.

Edit: repped both of you (if that even matters or if you even care). Bositman for getting me to copy the psu instead of raw files, and Eloris for pinpointing my problem. (: Thanks to both of you.