Problem getting past a certain point in Pcsx2 0.9.6
Hello!

I'm just now starting to learn how to work with Pcsx2, but I can't seem to be able to find any solid information regarding my problem, so I'm hoping someone could help me out.

I'm trying to play FFX on both my computer and laptop ( I'm trying on both as to see if the same problems occur and/or if one works better than the other). I've gone through the configuration process several times, i have loaded the iso game onto the program, it opens and until here it's all good... however, it doesn't directly open the game, and starts it with the configuration for the PS2 console....I've also gone through all the settings here and I still can't seem to get past it. ( or at least that's what I think it is)

Here's a screenshot to see: [Image: ps2config.jpg]

Any idea what I should do?

Sponsored links

It would seem you have a configuration problem with your cdvd plugin.

If running from the disc make sure the Gigaherz/P.E.Op.S cdvd plugin is pointing to the right drive.
If running an ISO, I suggest you remake the ISO with ImgBurn and use the Linuz ISO cdvd plugin to load it, make sure also the image isn't mounted anywhere else.

Any kind of error in the PCSX2 output window?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
You should do Run ISO instead of Run CD\DVD, then select the desired file and double click on it and you're ready to go after the configure of the emu. In case you didn't read it you should take a look to the Configuration Guide here in the forum.

EDIT:
Oh and btw if you're using 0.9.6 you should give a try to r1888 beta which can be found here in the forums in the Downloads Section > Public Beta Builds.
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM