Problem in Star Ocean 3
hello everyone . i joined this blog to report the same problem . SO3 works great on my system using the pcsx2 r1736 beta and lilypad 0.10 . great frame speed and rendering . i dont use any gamepad but i did try something different to get input of pressure sensitive buttons . thats impossible to do with a keyboard since only 0.0000 or 1.0000 is registered with it . so i mapped the circle button to the axis of my mouse . why? same reason you guys map it to the analog stick of your gamepads . after that setting the lilypad plugins sensitivity to 0.500 and many others i could think of it still didnt work . that flute still plays the hard press tone . any helpful suggestions??? thanks .

oh yeah

i use an Intel Core2Duo E4400 @ 2.0 GHZ
and a 512mb GForce 8500GT gfx card

Sponsored links

From the looks of it, its never gonna work unless we use an actual ps2 or ps3 controller, atleast, thats what i took it as from the lilypad plugin thread Tongue2
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Beta builds are faster than 0.9.6 so you're doing something wrong (probably bad GSdx settings)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Anyone gotten this to work on the NTSC-U version yet?
The solution found in this thread works on all regions of the game.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I beg to differ, cos i just tried it.
Anything below 1 doesnt work, anything that does plays as hard.
Since like 5 people made it work, it works.

Some additional info: There are 2 cases,you either have a pad with pressure sensitive buttons or not.
If your pad does have pressure sensitive button, simply changing the sensitivity of that button in lilypad will instantly work.
If your pad does not have pressure sensitive buttons you have to use the workaround saya1314520 posted: Assign the button O (or whichever button needs the feature) to an analog axis (because analogs ARE pressure sensitive) and change the sensitivity of that with Lilypad. Then use the analog as a button. That must work
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ive tried both of them, multiple times, and it doesn't work for me.
It may work for others but not for me, mabey its something thats been affected by updated software, i don't know, but i have tried everything in this thread and cant get it to work.

So i'm asking if there are any other ideas.

The main problem with the workarounds as far as i can see is that it simply won't accept anything short of a complete button press, if i decrease the sensitivity below one nothing happens.
I set my Right Analog stick to .400 through .600 and it either doesnt recognize its being pressed or it still considers it a *hard* press. I dont know how they got it to recognize the sensitivity, maybe its just for certain gamepads or they were using an actual ps2 / ps3 controller. but my Logitech Dual Action, doesnt seem to recognize it at all.

My guess is that it only works for certain gamepads / controllers.
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Exactly, thats exactly what i'm talking about, ive got the same controller even, logitec dual action. Do i smell a hardware problem perhaps?