Problem in Star Ocean 3
It would of been better if the people who got it to work, had listed what gamepad they were using Tongue2
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Sponsored links

What about keyboard users? Does the previously mentioned 0.5 one key and 1.0 another trick work? Just started the game and tried this with the directional buttons (to see if I could simulate walking) but nothing happens until I hit 0.55 and then it's still counted as a full press/run. Bit concerned that when I get further in the game I'm going to be trapped.
I kept toying with the sensitivity on my keyboard also, and it either didnt recognize it or it was a hard press, so it may not work for you if you only have access to a keyboard, but im not 100% certain.
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
nope, the keyboard fix doesn't work for me, some guy said he got his mouse to do it, i tried but failed, but i didn't try a whole heap, so im gunna explore that possibility now, as in now now so stay tuned and i can give you an answer on that one, heres hopin it works.

They should just stick a mappable, half push button into lillypad, like whenever this button is held all inputs are reduced by a settable percentage, i can code a little and that doesn't seem like an epic sized change to me, mabey we should put it into the requests thread or something.

EDIT: I cant even get the mouse to input to the game, if someone would like to tell me what i'm doing wrong feel free, but no matter what i set in lillypad it does nothing, lillypad 0.10 btw, im using the latest beta.
Hmmm well I did get the mouse to input into the game correctly but it didn't seem sensitive at all. I just enabled mouse in the main lillypad screen and then in pad 1 I clicked l-stick up and moved the mouse upwards l-stick right and moved it right.....and so on. Worked 100% for moving my character but had no sensitivity in regards to how fast I moved it etc.....so I'm not sure that'd help with this.

Anyway, hoping someone has a solution and in the worst case maybe someone can post their save file from just past that point (though we'd lose all customization :/)
Theres a few saves on gamefaqs, but the nearest one is after a huge story part after that section and it begins in disc 2, but also ... savegame wouldnt really be helpful, your battle trophies wouldnt carry over and if you decide to play it again on a harder difficulty, your still stuck with whatever difficulty your downloaded save game has.
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
I guess though I am more interested in actually finishing the game at all.............just wouldn't want to miss out on that story arc chunk that's for sure.
I got the mouse working, but still everything is a 'hard' press. Ill keep looking, but i am so sick of this i'm almost at the point of picking up someone elses save and just watchin the story arc i missed on youtube or somethin.

EDIT: My mouse is working with regard to sensitivity, the game just completely ignores everthing that would comstitute as 'soft' is there some sort or rounding or something going on, or some sort of block on noise that wasnt around when this fix was noted???
A wild *guess* here but have you tried it while having clamp modes on the highest settings and round mode at nearest?
What I did was map 4 keyboard keys to circle soft, circle hard, x soft, x hard.
I fiddled with the sensitivity a bit, testing if it worked using the game directly.
(Change sensitivity, resume game, press button, listen if the sound changed).
Got it all set up in a few minutes.