Problem running Kingdom Hearts 2
Hey! I have been wanting to replay the Kingdom hearts games, but my ps2 is sadly broken, so I have been using an emulator to play the games. Kingdom Hearts 1 worked pretty much flawlessly, but KH2 seems to slow down at times/framerate drops. It usually rests at 50 for some reason, but sometimes goes down to 30 and below, which makes some weird sound glitches/game slows down. I would think my pc could handle the game, but then again, I'm a huge noob when it comes to emulators. Hopefully I can get a little bit of help from some "pro" people Tongue

Oh, and in case my specs are important for some reason, here they are:
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T (Six Core, 3,0Ghz/3,5GHz Turb)
MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX
8gb DDR3 ram

Sponsored links

Your proccesor is not up to the mark for that game try some speedhacks .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Really now? Hmm, fair enough. I'll probably just wait for the Ps3 HD version then Smile Thanks for the help anyways.
Not sure how helpful it is but you can take a look at some of the settings listed in the compatibility page:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-H...dom+hearts

Your AMD chip may not be powerful enough to run at full speed. Have you considered overclocking it?
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
@ thread author-Yeah i too anyway give the try on ee and vu sliders to 2 or experiment with your self maybe help you . :-P
oh sorry management cant see your post :-P
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
What is the EE and GS% during the slowdowns, and what fps are you getting? Also please be sure to run this "test" in native resolution, no speedhacks. I can't see this Phenom really having that much of a hard time with Kingdom Hearts.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I'm not completely sure what I did, but I fooled around with the emulator a little bit and now it works much much better Tongue
Thank you all for the help Smile
(08-15-2013, 11:43 PM)MartinJF Wrote: I'm not completely sure what I did, but I fooled around with the emulator a little bit and now it works much much better Tongue
Thank you all for the help Smile

no problem ;-)
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1