Problem running alot of games at stable fps.
Hi! Ive come to this forum to ask for assistance. I have alot of trouble running games at a stable fps.

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 8-core processor 3.5ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
RAM: 8GB
Windows 64bit

Im able to run Jak and Daxter / Jak 2 (And probably Jak 3) With quite stable fps except for some areas where i drop to 30 fps or so. Still those games i was able to play and complete so it wasnt much of a problem.

My problem now is that im trying to run Sly 2: Band of Thieves but in most areas i get drops down to 30-40 fps at all times. Anyone got some suggestions to try and fix that?

Sponsored links

You'll have to overclock your chip.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(02-05-2015, 04:50 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You'll have to overclock your chip.

What speed do you think would be enough? Never overclocked before so id have to look into it more.
Are you on the stock cooler?
(02-05-2015, 04:53 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Are you on the stock cooler?

No im using a CoolerMaster hyper 212 evo cooler.
if you are a beginner on overclocking, know the processors limit before proceeding on overclocking it. though, there wouldn't be that much of a performance increase.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(02-05-2015, 05:15 PM)ssakash Wrote: if you are a beginner on overclocking, know the processors limit before proceeding on overclocking it. though, there wouldn't be that much of a performance increase.

A 1ghz OC should be possible with that chip. That should yield a good speedup
most likely, the moderate speed up will be only about 10-20% of the current speed, considering the increase in clockspeed wise. It would be safe for the op to get a look at some "how to overclock guides" before getting started.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction