Problem whit memory card, please help!
Yo guys, i was playng MGS 3: Subsistance when a friend called me in a middle of a cut scene. I tryed to pause it but like an idiot i skipped it, so once i finished the call i closed the game. Now when i start the game and try to load my save file it say ''Load failed! Check memory card (ps2) and please try again'' and then it says ''No memory card (ps2) found'' What can i do? I dunno if anyone of you guys play mgs but sometime the game saves betwhin a cut scene and another. And the file i try to load it's a save betwhin cut scene. So maby that's the problem, hope you can help me, thanks  Sad
Edit: i dont think that's the problem becouse if i try to begin a new game and save it say ''no memory card found''

Sponsored links

Which version of pcsx2 do you use?
What happens if you use no disk and start a fullboot to get to the bios?
I think, the game can not recognize the mc because of a corrupted save. You can try to restore a previous version of the memory card file (rightclick on the file choose "Properties" and go to the tab "Previous Versions") but if you don't have enabled the "File History" in Windows, you'll find nothing there. Good luck, unfortunately that's the only idea i have.
(08-13-2015, 08:13 PM)willkuer Wrote: Which version of pcsx2 do you use?
What happens if you use no disk and start a fullboot to get to the bios?

So i have the 1.2.1 version, if i fullboot using no disk, it send me to ''browser, configuration'' and when i select browser and i select memory card 1 there is the mgs3 save (not corrupted or what) and ''your sistem configuration'' save
(08-13-2015, 09:22 PM)Silversonic Wrote: I think, the game can not recognize the mc because of a corrupted save. You can try to restore a previous version of the memory card file (rightclick on the file choose "Properties" and go to the tab "Previous Versions") but if you don't have enabled the "File History" in Windows, you'll find nothing there. Good luck, unfortunately that's the only idea i have.

I dont think that's a corrupted save, because if i select no disk and then full reboot and go to the memory card save, the mgs3 file isn't corrupted, and even if i start a new game and try to save the game says that there is no memory card. I'v tryed to restore previous versions but when i try it say ''no previous versions find''
To make sure that the save isn't the problem, you can make a backup of the mc, delete the save and then try again to save the game.
(08-13-2015, 10:45 PM)Silversonic Wrote: To make sure that the save isn't the problem, you can make a backup[Image: arrow-10x10.png] of the mc, delete the save and then try again to save the game.

To make a backup it's enough that i copy and paste the mc from the folder to the desktop? xD
(08-13-2015, 10:45 PM)Silversonic Wrote: To make sure that the save isn't the problem, you can make a backup[Image: arrow-10x10.png] of the mc, delete the save and then try again to save the game.

Damn, i deleted the old save and tryed to save again and now i can actually save! But there is no way to use the old save? I had more then 9 hours ç_ç
Download and run mymc. Open your old memory card and export the mgs save. Open the new memcard and import the mgs save. That should do it.
(08-13-2015, 11:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: Download and run mymc. Open your old memory card and export the mgs save. Open the new memcard and import the mgs save. That should do it.

Did it, the old file works, thanks all!