Problem with Budokai Tenkaichi 3
I have been using the new PCSX2 0.9.8 and I have been having trouble playing this game. The menu and cutscene is fine, but when I get to the actual game I get around 35-45 frames and it's laggy as hell. Not to mention my opponent's character model is flashing nonstop. My PC is a beast, so I don't think that is a problem.

Here is the specs though:

RAM: 6068 MB
CPU Name: Asus G73jh
Speed: i7 CPU with boost technology that can go up to 3.0ghz
Video Card: 5870 HD Radeon

I have read many of the guides here but none of them seem to work, can someone please help me out here?

Sponsored links

Are you playing from the disc?

Is your Power Plan on "High Performance"?

Are you using any Speedhacks?

What internal res are you using?

Post screen shots of your PCSX2 settings, particularly those you've changed from default.

BTW - Which i7 CPU is that?
Are you playing from the disc?
No
Is your Power Plan on "High Performance"?
Yes
Are you using any Speedhacks?
No
What internal res are you using?
1600x900
Post screen shots of your PCSX2 settings, particularly those you've changed from default.
No need, I already switched all of my settings back to default.

BTW - Which i7 CPU is that?
http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost/index.htm

...? I'm guessing it's a Sandy Bridge since you linked a Turbo Boost 2.0 thing...

Is that the 2629M? Or is it one of those embedded QE ones?

Try giving Speedhacks a try. And make sure you're using the SSE41 plugin for GSdx.

You could consider lowering the resolution if all else seems to fail. Although, I have a hard time imagining your GPU not handling that res for this one...
(05-14-2011, 06:57 AM)Rezard Wrote: ...? I'm guessing it's a Sandy Bridge since you linked a Turbo Boost 2.0 thing...

Is that the 2629M? Or is it one of those embedded QE ones?

Try giving Speedhacks a try. And make sure you're using the SSE41 plugin for GSdx.

You could consider lowering the resolution if all else seems to fail. Although, I have a hard time imagining your GPU not handling that res for this one...

Speedhacks make the game slower, and I am using the SSE41. Lowering the resolution does not help at all and character models are still flashing
If I'm not mistaken, the flashing character model can be fixed by switching to Software mode on your GSdx.
(05-14-2011, 08:25 AM)meganova Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, the flashing character model can be fixed by switching to Software mode on your GSdx.

the flashing character model should have been fixed a long time ago in Dx9 (IIRC)
Well the Flashing occurs only in PAL Version of the games. Use the DirectX10 /11 or use SDL.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]