Problem with Dirge of Cerberus
(04-27-2013, 02:26 AM)refraction Wrote: then delete all the other gsdx files in the plugin folder and redownload that one ;p

That said, i can't get Shadow Lady's plugin to work.

So I effectively substituted one issue for another lol. Just my luck.

Sponsored links

After downloading a bunch of SVN releases I've determined that these DoC plugins were broken somewhere between the releases of r5374 (works on this build) and 5379 (broken in this build). A r5378 run time (exe) was included in the r5379 build and the plugin is also broken on that one.

All builds between these two releases aren't available for download. A lot of these builds seemed centered around the removal of SDL project.

Is there any future hope for getting this plugin fixed?
I suggest you make a post about this in the GSdx thread,
or notify Shadow Lady (who made this plugin, yes?).
(04-27-2013, 02:50 PM)pgert Wrote: I suggest you make a post about this in the GSdx thread,
or notify Shadow Lady (who made this plugin, yes?).

Thanks for the suggestions. Did both in hopes for a solution. Thanks for the help here.
(04-27-2013, 12:43 PM)Koroem Wrote: After downloading a bunch of SVN releases I've determined that these DoC plugins were broken somewhere between the releases of r5374 (works on this build) and 5379 (broken in this build).

Interesting, nothing to do with the core emulation in GSDX was changed in that time, however all the changes were GSDX related. That said all they were apparently is removing the SDL side of it, which shoulding affect directx at all.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I have no issues playing in hardware mode with the latest SVNs personally. There are some minor issues that crop up such as FMVs but I switch to software mode for those. The newer GSDX versions are a lot better for this game.
(04-27-2013, 11:57 PM)Topken Wrote: I have no issues playing in hardware mode with the latest SVNs personally. There are some minor issues that crop up such as FMVs but I switch to software mode for those. The newer GSDX versions are a lot better for this game.

The newer SVN have a software mode auto switch for FMVs, but using those versions breaks the game specific plug in that fixes full screen effects that only display in half screen.

So right now its a choice between:

Official release: near perfect hardware rendering with broken fmvs needing manual switching for software mode to play right.

or

Newer SVNs: broken hardware rendering with auto switching to software for FMVs.

If the plug in worked on the newer versions, this would be a perfect case for me. I can't imagine fixing it would be a massive endeavor? I just don't know how to fix the plugin so it can be considered a valid dynamic library for pcsx2.
For me hardware mode is not missing half the screen so that is not a problem any more. This is with SVN 5580 at least that is the version of GDSX that I use.
(04-28-2013, 07:09 AM)Topken Wrote: For me hardware mode is not missing half the screen so that is not a problem any more. This is with SVN 5580 at least that is the version of GDSX that I use.

I'm gonna download 5580 now and give it a shot.

EDIT still seeing the problem on this build. Which plugins and settings are you using?
Yeah the title is the only thing screwed up for me ingame seems perfectly fine here