Problem with Dirge of Cerberus
As the title reads. Forgive me if I am beating a dead horse. I looked around and got some info from searching, though I can't seem to find a conclusive answer.

Dirge of Cerberus seems to load and run fine on my pc. I've got the specific GS plugin for the game and it solves the half screen sillyness, but my issue is specific to cut scenes/FMV in the game.

All videos are extremely dark and have very bad thick interlacing bars making the videos near impossible to see. Switching to software mode obviously resolves this. I've played with almost every setting and can't seem to find a culprit. Is this a known issue without solution? Will I be stuck toggleing back for forth from software mode?

I seem to recall a while back reading about a fix for FFX-2 that would auto-switch between software and hardware when FMVs played. Am I mistaken in that such a thing existed? Is this possible/necessary for DoC?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored links

no other choice than using software mode for this. But anyways, hardware mode wouldn't enhance FMVs. means you won't lose anything by playing them in software mode.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I figured as much. Its just annoying to have to switch over and over, takes me out of the game.

While I'm here, I do have another question. Did anyone ever figure out a solution to the random/broken shadow issues in cut scenes of Final Fantasy XII (12)?
(04-26-2013, 10:57 PM)Koroem Wrote: I figured as much. Its just annoying to have to switch over and over, takes me out of the game.

While I'm here, I do have another question. Did anyone ever figure out a solution to the random/broken shadow issues in cut scenes of Final Fantasy XII (12)?

Tap F9 to toggle, that is not ideal but a little better. Indeed, FFX-2 has an automatic switch but I don't know if there is something alike for Dirge.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Newer versions of PCSX2 have this feature:
Config > Emulation Settings > Game Fixes > "Switch to GSdx software rendering when a FMV plays".
Have you tried that?

Get the latest version of PCSX2 here:
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
(04-27-2013, 01:11 AM)pgert Wrote: Newer versions of PCSX2 have this feature:
Config > Emulation Settings > Game Fixes > "Switch to GSdx software rendering when a FMV plays".
Have you tried that?

Get the latest version of PCSX2 here:
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

I have not tried it. Thanks for the heads up. Now that I know about it I will give it a go soon. I'm also just getting back into playing with emulators. Do the newer versions have the ability to make plugin profiles? Or is there any kind of front end that can save profiles like Epsxe had?

EDIT Just downloaded the newest SVN and the specific plugins for DoC don't appear to work. Log says they are not a valid dynamic library.
And what are these "specific plugins"?
Try the regular ones: GSdx, SPU-X etc.
ignore that, thats just the AVX version of GSDX (which your cpu probably doesnt support) and probably Dev9Ghz which you don't need.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-27-2013, 02:11 AM)pgert Wrote: And what are these "specific plugins"?
Try the regular ones: GSdx, SPU-X etc.

It was a specfic version of gsdx that was made to fix an issue in Dirge of Cerberus where half the screen would be transparent and/or textures like sky boxes would not appear.
This is what I mean:
[Image: b7dj7o.jpg]

Quote:Known Issues: Videos not showing (fixed in Software mode), some half screen issues and bad effects (seen in start menu). Sky and other bad effects, can be fixed by using a specific GSdx binary found here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Question-...SX2?pid=17 Do NOT use it for other games, it will cause problems
then delete all the other gsdx files in the plugin folder and redownload that one ;p

That said, i can't get Shadow Lady's plugin to work.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]