Problem with GSDX 0.1.16
Hi guys,

I configured my emulator (PCSX2 0.9.8) thanks to the guide here. Everything was perfect, until today. Now my games begin to have troubles, I can manage to make them work but then I'll have some graphics bugs and some "lags", as if my PC Config was not good enough. When I try to configure GSDX 0.1.16, it says "GS failed to open. You may not have the ressources or incompatible hardware/drivers". I checked the FAQ and several other threads, none was helpful.

What's not normal is :

- I do have a good PC config : GTX 550 Ti, Quadricore i5, 8gb ram
- It was working great yesterday with the same settings !
- I have the latest directX
- I run as admin

I also have the various dX files in system32. I'm running on win 7, 64 bits.

Does anyone have an idea ? I have to say I'm a bit lost in all that mess... Thanx in advance !

Sponsored links

Update your DirectX maybe 0_O
Oh and please post your settings for PCSX2.
Did you by any chance update your graphics driver today?It could have the cause of this problem you know.(Just guessing)
Hope I helped Biggrin
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86

(09-08-2011, 07:28 PM)Speedy42 Wrote: Update your DirectX maybe 0_O
Oh and please post your settings for PCSX2.
Did you by any chance update your graphics driver today?It could have the cause of this problem you know.(Just guessing)
Hope I helped Biggrin

Thanks for the answer !

My directX is up-to-date as I said in my first post, so it can't be that. However, I setuped a few PC games since yesterday so maybe it's that reason, but I can't figure out why : none of them asked me to update my graphics driver and Directx was already up to date, so...

My PCSX2 settings are :
graphics : GSDX 4600 0 1 16 SSE4, 11 hardware 2x native (worked gread), texture filtering, 8 bits textures,
PAd : Lilypad r4510 or SSSPSX (depends on the game actually)
Cddvd : cddvdgigaherz r4510 0.8.0
Sound : SPU2 r4600 1.4.0
You are really sure it's up to date? June 2010 update included(which is required and can be downloaded here or here)? Or just couse you have DX11 you consider it as up-to-date? Couse that wouldn't really be soo.Tongue GSdx also requires this.
Ok, I setuped the June 2010 update and I already had Microsoft visual c++ 2008 sp1 (and later also), and nothing comes better Sad thanx anyway !
If your pc games didn't overwrited any of required files with outdated version(which is hard to belive anyway), then I dunno why it could show such error, maybe try to reinstall pcsx2(using full installer version which I guess should include some required files already) - download.
Ok, so what I did is that I restored my whole system. Some of the recent games I installed where clearly responsible of my graphics problems, so I came back to the past, as if to say... Now, everything is fixed ! Thank everyone