Problem with GUN ...
UPDATE (again):

OK - it seems to run now. What I did was:

1. Reinstall PCSX2 over my existing installation.

2. Switched to DirectX 9 plugin (software mode).

3. GUN worked. I went back to the DirectX 11 plugin (software).

4. GUN worked again. Played around a little. No crashes.

HOWEVER ...

There are black spots and glitching textures (with DirectX 9 and 11).

I thought the game was supposed to run OK in software mode?

Someone please advise. Thanks!

Sponsored links

Well since I have played the game a little on pcsx2 recently I can say that it works. If it's the only game giving you trouble my best guess would be that something got corrupted when you made the iso. In my experience I didn't use any special settings. Besides that I'd say turn off all speed hacks, turn off any graphical enhancements. I know for a fact the game runs very glitchy graphically. Most likely needs software mode to look normal.

Edit. .. ninjad me lol seems you got it working. I never got as far as running in sw mode I was still a newbie and didn't even know about it at the time so can't comment on the appearance/performance in sw mode
markyrocks69 and everyone else:

Looks like I spoke too soon. The same program behavior I described reared its ugly head. PCSX2 crashed without any explanation.

I don't understand what the issue could be. Did try one other game again; works just fine. Can someone from the PCSX2 team comment?
since, the issue was solved by reinstalling. it might be a problem with the change of settings and, make sure you are using the default settings only with the recommended speedhacks.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
ssakash:

The problem was never actually resolved. Please read all messages before responding in a thread. (Thanks, though.)

Everyone:

OK, so I followed ssakash's advice and made sure all settings were set to default values and such. GUN played OK, but the blacking out of textures and glitching got worse after a couple of minutes, and then just as when it was at its worst, PCSX2 crashed. Same error window as before. At this point, I am thinking it is DirectX-related, but that would be very odd, since this isn't happening with my other PS2 games. So, it's gotta be a PCSX2 issue, really.

PCSX2 team:

Please mark GUN as being UNPLAYABLE in the compatibility list. Thanks.

Everyone (again):

Please, if you've got any suggestions, give them here. I'll check back now and then for the foreseeable future.
Ok so I have got the game been messing with it. Ok so here's what I tried. Mind you I was only changing one setting at a time. Apparently this game will not let you use any speed hacks of value. So go into speed hacks menu and Un check the box that says enable speed hacks.

Doing that st least got me into the game. Select new game cut scene yada. The game was crashing. I managed to make it past the first couple parts of the intro to the game mechanics whatever like once. But it crashed. In software mode the graphics are still horribly broken anyways. The crashing maybe a window 7 related issue bc I swore I got it working better on vista but it may have been the graphics so horribly broken that I never made it far enough to crash bc as you said it's basically unplayable even if you could get into the game. And that is also why I suggested pc version earlier trying to play it on pcsx2 is a waste of time.

My best settings were speed hacks off. Direct x9 sw mode. I even tried running it as admin, in different compatability modes. No good.

This shows how broken graphics are http://youtu.be/L_KGHrFUjmI

The video kinda lags bc fraps slows my pc down when recording
markyrocks69:

Thanks for the follow-up (and all that you have done on your end).

I think I'm gonna call it a day with GUN, and will try again when the next "official" version of PCSX2 comes out. Thanks again.

PCSX2 team:

Again, I ask you - please change GUN from "playable" to "unplayable" until it's truly playable. Look here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Gun-SLUS-21139-U--30107. Excerpt: "Bugs: Can appear sometimes glitchs in hardware mode a little,but software mode its fine. Status: playable." Playable? Sorry, guys; I don't think so. When people base purchasing decisions on the information they use from your site and it's incorrect, the right thing to do is change the information, and change it back when it's ready to be 100% correct for sure. Thanks. Happy holidays.