Problem with Rogue Galaxy
Hi everyone,
So I'm playing Rogue Galaxy and so far no problem but then after 15 hours I' m walking in the sky... I have no idea if it comes with my config or not but I'll post it anyway:

PCSX2 0.9.6
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00 SSE41) 0.1.14 (Windowed, Direct3D10 Hardware, 4:3)
SPU2-X 1.1.0 (inter polation 1.Linear (recommended), module 1 xaudio 2 (recommended) )
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0

And my specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9300 2.50 GHz
NVidia GeForce 9500M GS
3 gig RAM
Windows Vista

If anybody has an idea cause I just can't go further in the game...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

what version of pcsx2 are you using, i had some problems with falling to space but that was a long time ago 0.9.4 pg... , are you after the mine part?
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
I'm using 0.9.6 and I'm at the beginning of the fourth planet Verdan, with the mafia and the mine.
I'm just at the beginning, I just arrived.
Well, I think I've found a trick, it's not completely satisfying but at least it works.
Whenever I seem to get a lil too jumpy I go to the factory and come back, that seems to do the trick.
But if anybody has a more permanent solution...
Did you try the latest SVN version?

It also might be an issue of the EE/VU clamping/rounding options under
config->advanced

generally you get best results with "full" EE clamping and "Extra+Preserve sign" VU clamping, but its a considerable amount slower. Its worth testing out to see if it fixes things.

Also do you haven any speed hacks enabled, having those enabled are known to break some games in strange ways.
I've changed of place and the problem seems to have disappeared...
And to answer your question I'm using the x3 speed hack so it might be the reason, I didn't think of that.
I've found a fix for the problem on Vedan (and possibly other areas) where you seem to "fall" above the floor and are outside the world changing to Positive under the EE/IOP then VU0/VU1 Advanced Recompiler Options seemed to help fix the issue, so far it's only happened there for me. I'm also having an issue with the Factory itself not even showing up. I'm going to make a new post about it, but saw this as one issue I was having and that I found a fix for it.

I changed it to positive and kept it that way for a few minutes and then changed it back to the default (Chop/Zero) because you're not able to loot chests and I don't think the quest objectives automatically load if you don't have it set to Chop/Zero either. But it did seem to fix the issue with the falling up thing. I haven't had it happen to me since and it's been set back to the default setting for about an hour now on Vedan. I don't think you can permanently set this as a patch work around because of the problems it causes but maybe something you can add in Game Fixes or something for when people need to toggle it on and off.
Please do so. And it'll help if you list all your problems and the workarounds you found for them
We can add these as gamefixes to load automatically then.
Hmm may I ask why you're using 0.9.6? Maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't 0.9.8 or 0.9.9 (using svn) would correct this problem? Just something I'd thought I'd ask first.
naughty this thread is more then 3 yrs old hahaha Tongue