Problem with Tales of the Abyss
His cpu is stronger than my i7-6700hq which I purposely limit to 2.5ghz which makes it even slower than his cpu.
I can only achieve 100% EE on the intro when I limit my cpu clock speed to 800mhz and run a game in BlueStack in the background

In the game EE is not affected by your gsdx settings,the game is cpu intensive not gpu(there is not much difference in EE while ingame between native and 8x scaling on GTX1060,even the GS barely moves)

Something outside of pcsx2 is causing this

Sponsored links

probably.
but i was wondering if it could be a bad gpu driver, or even if his dedicated gpu is used instead of the internal one.

Hence my question
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
According to the log,the nvidia card is used and I also tried my intel card but it was still below 100% EE
Probably drivers(I am using 442.74 instead of the latest 445.75 which he is using,so maybe drivers...unless you are also using those)
Here the CPU after starting PCSX2 and in-game

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-09-2020, 11:05 AM)jesalvein Wrote: probably.
but i was wondering if it could be a bad gpu driver, or even if his dedicated gpu is used instead of the internal one.

Hence my question

Uhm but I have updated the NVIDIA drivers yesterday

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Your cpu core speed don't go above ~800mhz

Open a folder and in the address bar paste this and hit enter
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options

Check if the power plan is set to the recommended one(balanced or maybe something else)
If it is,click on "Change Power Plan settings" and then "Change advanced power settings"

In that window go down to "Processor power management" and inside click on "Maximum Processor State"
Check if it's set to something below 100

If that was the problem,then this affected everything,not just pcsx2.
Everything will start working much faster
If it is set to 100
Check your temps with this program
https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonito...r_1.41.zip
OMG! It work! The power plan was setting on "energy saving".
Thank you much!
I'm so happy now!
Really, thank you!
The power plan is the last thing in my mind when you are talking about a pc
If it was a laptop then yes,that could be the reason but I have no idea why would energy saving will be chosen as a power plan on a desktop(maybe you or someone else select it before without knowing what it does)

Now everything will work faster